Made my own transport case

veezer

I have been looking for a way to transport 3 rifles on our elk hunt this fall and was either looking at spending a boat load on Pelican cases or building my own. The case is 48" long, 18" wide and 14" tall (no more than 2 large pelicans stacked on top of each other). It is made of 1/2" plywood and some other scrap 3/4" wood I had laying around. I lined it with cheap carpet that I picked up at Lowes and lined the areas that contact the rifles with some suede I had from another gun case I built. For the wheels, I used casters that I welded so they wouldn't spin. I ended up spending about $75. I still need to figure out a way to strap down the guns so they dont rattle around. I made sure to make the smaller boxes inside large enough to hold a 50 rnd ammo box and bipod and is also big enough to hold a range finder in its case. It may not be airline approved, but it's going to be riding in the back of a truck under a topper, so that doesn't matter.

case1.jpg

case2.jpg

case3.jpg

case4.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.