Made a few changes and loving it!!!

dakor

Here is a 3 shot group I shot this morning after playing around with my 300 Win Mag. I seated the bullets closer to the lands and went down 2 grains of powder and I think I found the sweet spot. I had to give up 47fps but I think I can handle 2913fps instead of 2960fps. The rifle is a stock Sako TRG-S and I was shooting 78gr of Retumbo and a 200gr Accubond. The bullets are about 15 off the lands. The group was shot at 300 yards with a light cross wind.
336983.jpg

Nice vertical /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Looks like the load is workin!

Does that "flatness" happen with many 3-shot groups? If that is your only group, a few more 3-shot groups might help you to make sure the velocities are actually as good as they look in that group.

JB

I shot a 3/4" group at 200yds using H1000 in my 300 RUM. I don't have any place that is longer to try it at 300yds but I know that my RUM likes H1000.

JB1000br the vertical settled down with this load before it was a taller group. I am going to load 15 rounds up and shoot thursday morning just to make sure this is the group. With this group the first two shots DUP at 2911fps and the third was 2917fps. I suppose the third went up a little because the barrel warmed up. I hope this is the load deer season starts next week. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.