M1a shooters, take note

Wow! I think it is impressive that Springfield gave him a new rifle when the problem was determined to be the ammo.
Was it the ammo for sure? Apparently it was. ZSR said they were recalling the lot, but did not give the video op any return details. There have been 17 or so guns blown up from the same lot. Various gun makers. Springfield did replace/repair their guns that gor damaged. Don't know about the other makers.

Last edited:
Was it the ammo for sure? Apparently it was. ZSR said they were recalling the lot, but did not give the video op any return details. There have been 17 or so guns blown up from the same lot. Various gun makers. Springfield did replace/repair their guns that gor damaged. Don't know about the other makers.
Since ZSR is produced in Turkey, it sounds like the actual mfg didn't do much regarding it but all of the importers and suppliers recalled it on behalf of ZSR.

Since ZSR is produced in Turkey, it sounds like the actual mfg didn't do much regarding it but all of the importers and suppliers recalled it on behalf of ZSR.
I'm confused. The video op stated that ZSR was recalling it. But the video op said that ZSR did not provide return instructions when asked. Are you saying local companies did? Which ones? What are the return procedures? That's what is important to folks affected. This junk infuriates me.

ZSR recalled this whole lot of ammo after this and several other high profile rifle explosions from the same lot. Look up "ZSR Lot 15 recall" and you'll find quite a bit on it.
Lots of sites with complaints and comments. But where's ZSR at in all this. Can't find them here. They are the ones that need to fess up. Where are folks to send the "recalled" ammo too?

Lots of sites with complaints and comments. But where's ZSR at in all this. Can't find them here. They are the ones that need to fess up. Where are folks to send the "recalled" ammo too?
I wasn't involved, so I don't have firsthand knowledge. But my understanding was that distributors issued the recall and refund. I would assume then that the distributors were refunded by ZSR directly.

I wasn't involved, so I don't have firsthand knowledge. But my understanding was that distributors issued the recall and refund. I would assume then that the distributors were refunded by ZSR directly.
Yeah right. I'd like to believe that but,....... My biggest question here is why didn't the parent company (ZSR) say anything publicly? Where's the ownership/accountability? What's there position? Sounds like a brush off to me. Cuddos to the local sellers/distributors that stepped up though!

Yeah right. I'd like to believe that but,....... My biggest question here is why didn't the parent company (ZSR) say anything publicly? Where's the ownership/accountability? What's there position? Sounds like a brush off to me. Cuddos to the local sellers/distributors that stepped up though!
That's absolutely fair. I don't know why ZSR didn't do anything public about it.

Gee, I wonder what the message is here? Maybe don't buy foreign made ammo? And reduce the possibility of failure. Huummmm.....
There are some quality foreign made ammo like Sellior and Bellot. I have a bunch of surplus ammo but I researched the quality of it pretty well before buying it. Even some domestic ammo has occasional issues. But man when you're talking about a $1800 firearm why would you feed it crap ammo?

This isn't the first video I have seen of this guy buying a new gun. And having it blow up. I believe the ammo was to blame on the other video. This guys luck is running worst than mine.
And have it caught on video BOTH times? Statistical chance of the same person having 2 guns blow up and both being caught on video are extremely low, and that's being generous. Something else at play here.

And have it caught on video BOTH times? Statistical chance of the same person having 2 guns blow up and both being caught on video are extremely low, and that's being generous. Something else at play here.
If I had a suspected ammo issue, there no way I would continue to use. No matter what until I got to the bottom of it.

Unless of course you video all your shooting (some do) and you use the same lot ammo. That could easily happen.

Little hard to take a man seriously when he alternately reviews firearms and light sabers! However, I am still searching his channel to see one of the light saber failures! "May the force be with him!"