M1a shooters, take note

Bad ammo....
We were and are seeing increasing issues with foreign ammo, and during Covid related shortages, even some domestic.

Two years ago, I was shooting a few boxes of PPU 223 Match in 69HP through one of my NM AR's, and after a couple of boxes, it began to blow primers and then one case blew a primer and badly swaged the case head out and had its rim ripped off requiring a manual extraction. I ditched the rest of that box, and foretunately, I had no damage to my rifle.

Over the past couple of years, I have seen a few shooters at the range have 7.62x51mm case seperation with some foreign ammo and some with blown primers.

Last edited:
I've seen that vid before. I think he also had another gun blow up on him.

I have used zsr 308 ammo in the past-- when they used to have the cheepo all white square boxes. I bought several hundred rounds when ammo was cheap (I think I paid $7/box eacj on clearance at wally world)

I remember it was not real accurate (2-3 moa) and it was pretty hot ammo-- I shot mine in an AR chassis.

I wonder if anyone else has had issues with the same lot as that guy used?

Last edited:
This isn't the first video I have seen of this guy buying a new gun. And having it blow up. I believe the ammo was to blame on the other video. This guys luck is running worst than mine.
I haven't seen the other videos. When firing a new firearm, especially an expensive one I use high quality ammo from a trusted manufacturer. Even on my M1A's and FAL's the bare min is surplus ammo from a trusted manufacturer and lot. After that I'll load my own.

Bad ammo....
We were and are seeing increasing issues with foreign ammo, and during Covid related shortages, even some domestic.

Two years ago, I was shooting a few boxes of PPU 223 Match in 69HP through one of my NM AR's, and after a couple of boxes, it began to blow primers and then one case blew a primer and badly swaged the case head out and had its rim ripped off requiring a manual extraction. I ditched the rest of that box, and foretunately, I had no damage to my rifle.

Over the past couple of years, I have seen a few shooters at the range have 7.62x51mm case seperation with some foreign ammo and some with blown primers.
Gee, I wonder what the message is here? Maybe don't buy foreign made ammo? And reduce the possibility of failure. Huummmm.....