M-700 cheek rest recommendations please

notajeep

I'm considering a leather cheek pad from Cabela's, it's local and something like $35 This thing is ugly and requires trimming for most bolt actions to properly function. So to complicate things I am a south paw. I need about 3/8 to 1/2 cheek rise for my M-700 VSF. I've considered making some type of sleeve but it would require the scope to come off and be slid over the gun to the rear. A friend has offered my all types of leather and foam, just no way to sew it and or attach it. I think I could lay out something real nice but I need to figure out how to lace it in a fashion that won't scratch anything. What choices do I have? Anyone have any photos of something they made? THANKS

you could always try the eagle stock pack.its adjustable to fit whatever stock you have plus it has a zippered compartment and ammo loops for 5 extra rounds.it's comfortable to shoot with and you can add foam under it to raise the your cheek weld.i've used it on everything from a factory stock to an xlr industries chassis and loved it.

Triad Tactical, Inc. :: Triad Tactical :: Triad Stock Pack

Take a look at Brownells, Scope eze. The have a sleek adhesive comb rest that is available in various heights and can be had with a thin side that won't change your eye alignment which is a problem with many devises. It's well made, looks good, durable, and won't damage your stock. It under $25,

I got my new bear tooth in the mail yesterday. I was able to slide it over the stock instead of taking the scope off, thank goodness. Anyway for about $25to my door from sportsman warehouse. I am very pleased with appearance and functionality. I've got a range day planned and cannot wait to get some spring time shooting underway. For no I have just removed the swivel stud from the stock. I believe a properly located hole punch would make a nice clean hole if I decide to put t back. Thanks everyone for your input!

I got my new bear tooth in the mail yesterday. I was able to slide it over the stock instead of taking the scope off, thank goodness. Anyway for about $25to my door from sportsman warehouse. I am very pleased with appearance and functionality. I've got a range day planned and cannot wait to get some spring time shooting underway. For no I have just removed the swivel stud from the stock. I believe a properly located hole punch would make a nice clean hole if I decide to put t back. Thanks everyone for your input!

so how do you like it?

With respect to the sling stud. I just put the pad over the stud and ran a sharp knife over it. the resulting hole can be stretched around the base of the stud.

Dan

I just removed the stud for now. Currently not using a sling. As for the bear tooth I love it. I ran about 60 rounds through it Tuesday. Wind was kicking between 10-15 mph. One other thing about the bear tooth, being very picky here. Having about two days worth of scruff on my cheek I noticed it grabs a little. Very good investment for about $25 shipped. I'm still able to clean my barrel properly, because of foam height chosen.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.