LR Hunting rifle and scope for $2500

You have Black Friday sales coming, This is the best time to find glass and mounts as well as factory rifles.
Prioritize glass first. A 700 adl in 7 mag and purchase a reloading kit will get you along way towards your goal. Being able to customize a load for your rifle will get you to shoot more. Plus you can pick the bullet best suited to achieve your goal

Sako A7 Roughtech Pro or Long Range
Burris Veracity 5-25x50
Burris Bipod
Pelican Case
Sound Good?

I'd go with Harris bipod over Burris bipod IIWY. :D
Don't over look the 4-20 ... I have it on my .270 AI and very please with it.
You'll need a 20 MOA rail too (unless you use the new Burris CTR signature rings, you can get up to 40 MOA with it - I have it on my .30 Lara and they are simply awesome); advice from an optics SME ...

Even though the scope adjustment range may be large enough to get to 1,000 yds, you should use a 20 moa base. That's because off-axis optical aberrations that degrade resolution increase with incidence angle. You should set up your rifle so that the incidence angle is minimized for long distance shots (where resolution matters most).

Assume the base is within +/-10 moa of alignment with the rifle bore. Let's also assume your bullet drops no more than 30 moa at 1,000 yds, and you like to zero your rifle at 100 yds. With a standard base, you would need up to -40 moa of adjustment to get to 1,000 yds. That means you need a total 80 moa of adjustment.

With a 20 moa base you would need up to -20 moa to get to 1,000 yds, but up to 26 moa to get to a 100 yd zero (worse case boresight alignment in each case). That means you need a total 52 moa of adjustment. With a 20 moa base, however, the incidence angle at 1,000 yds is 20 moa less, so the image will have less blur.

It's a start, cheers!

cabelas has a sendero in 7mm rum for $1050, if you go to the gun liabrary and search 7mm or rum you will find it. the burris xtr 2 and the viper pst are good for the money. If you opened that budget up some the steiner "tactical" scopes are great bang for the buck.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.