What gun and scope combo for $2500?!?

Savage 110- $250
New prefit barrel- $350
New lug/nut- $50
Boyds Pro Varmint stock-$150
Accurate Mag bottom metal with mag- $185
1 Piece Rail Burris Zee rings - $100
Used Nightforce NXS- $1400-ish

Absoutely killer rifle for your budget. Then save a bit more for the supressor.

That's a 116 action correct?
How do you like the pro varmint stock? How heavy is it?
And your bolt handle is on the wrong side haha

That's a 116 action correct?
How do you like the pro varmint stock? How heavy is it?
And your bolt handle is on the wrong side haha

Yes, its a 116. Centerfeed 7mmRM.

I don't really notice how heavy the stock is. It probably weighs about 3-3.5lbs. Probably a little lighter than my Stockade Pdog/Tactical. That's why I got it. It's the same shape as the Stockade, but half the cost. The pepper laminate looks good too.

The bolt handle is not on the wrong side, it is on the "correct" side.:D

It's a fun rifle to shoot. It shares the can with my SBR in 300 Blackout.

Yes, its a 116. Centerfeed 7mmRM.

I don't really notice how heavy the stock is. It probably weighs about 3-3.5lbs. Probably a little lighter than my Stockade Pdog/Tactical. That's why I got it. It's the same shape as the Stockade, but half the cost. The pepper laminate looks good too.

The bolt handle is not on the wrong side, it is on the "correct" side.:D

It's a fun rifle to shoot. It shares the can with my SBR in 300 Blackout.

Nice, I really like it. It looks close to my Savage BVSS stock.
Was it finished when you got it? If it was how well was it finished?
How long of barrel and profile?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm in the process of building one myself.

The inlet was about perfect. I did have to open up the barrel only because they only offered the combo I wanted in a sporter contour inlet.

I couldn't wait to shoot it, so I dropped the action in without bedding or pillars. It shot amazing so I've left it that way for now.

The barrel is a 27" McGowan in a bit of an odd contour. As close as I can tell it's about a #4.5. Like a heavy magnum or light varmint. I got it very lightly used for a very good price. It shoots great, and wears the supressor very well.

If you want a 1000 yard elk rifle I may happen to have one coming up for sale...:rolleyes:
.338 Edge, built by a reputable builder, equipped with an 8-32 NXS. Price is less than the $2500 you have posted. Hit me with a PM if interested.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.