LR Hunting rifle and scope for $2500

Good advice here. I would also look at a 300 win mag. Like a savage lrh or 5r. 300 has lots of factory loads made for long range like HSM. If you do a savage long range hunter, Nightforce SHV. Egw rings. Should get you started then if you get a good range finder you should be alright. It does help to have all the other stuff. But you can do I with just that and lots of practice.
You could look a long time for a gun that will beat that combo at 1k.

Look no further than a Remmy 700 5R in .300WM. You can also find 700 police models in .300WM. Another idea would be a tikka t3 with heavy barrel.

Would you rather prefer the burris veracity or the nikon monarch 7?

I take a full day and hit at least 3 different high end optic stores before I buy a scope. Just me. Glass is a lot of money and looks different to different eyes. I'm a tad nutty though. Most $1k glass will be decent.

Would you rather prefer the burris veracity or the nikon monarch 7?
The Veracity is a very nice FFP hunting scope for the money, plus they have a $100 rebate on them right now. 4-20x50 would be $700, 5-25x50 would be $800 after rebate.

If I was in your situation, here is what I would do:

Remington 5R: $1,100
Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50: $700
Rings, base, and bedding: $150

I would take the rest and invest in reloading components. The bottom line is that you could even have a custom rifle, but if you don't reload then you will never realize the full effect of the rifle. Reloading is also fun and a great way to tinker.

Take that for what it's worth, but I can basically guarantee you a 1,000 yard rifle by going that route.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.