Lowering ES 260 REM load

Those are the same as the CCI 200s correct just more experienced worker is on the machine so they should be more consistent? I was thinking of going with the CCI BR 2, Fed 210M, and REM 9 1/2

They are CCI s Bench rest primers. With better quality control and different cup thicknesses I believe.

J E CUSTOM

Yeah, either primers or a different powder, only change one variable at a time though. I try the easy stuff before all the case neck tension and seating depth business. I have great luck in my .260 Sako 85 with 44 grs RL-19, 142 gr Nosler AB LR, CCI BR-2 Primer and Lapua brass.

Sure looks pretty good from here but easy to try a different primer. I would just shoot it at 200 and 500 to see whats happening on target. Sometimes those readings get wacky and you miss what your really trying for...repeatable accuracy.

That was just the kind of information I was looking for before I just went burning through powder/bullets playing with seating depth and tension. I assumed with this high of SDs that I should probably change a component, but with my other rifle my accuracy and SDs improved together so I haven't had any issues with a highly accurate load but poor SDs.
Will get some CCI 200 and Fed 210 to try out.
In my 260, I'm in single digit SD with ES in the mid teens with the CCI 200. It might be worth a look. Also running H4350.

How many times does the brass need to be fired before I can do actual load development?

https://www.longrangehunting.com/th...-headspace-measurement-on-fired-cases.210962/

Ghostmoney,
Check this thread out with special attention to post #3. It focuses on headspace, but also addresses the fact that it takes some brass multiple firings before it stabilizes. I think it kind of goes along with what Mikecr is saying about your brass still being unstable and not yet suitable for serious load developement due to it not having properly fit your chamber yet.

Sorry guys but did anybody mention primer pocket uniforming and flash hole deburring? I seem to recall that this is supposed to help as well. I do it with my 6.5s and get ES under 20 but not sure to what degree I can attribute the lower ES on these two exercises.

What weigh scale are you using,,, whens the last time you've had it tuned and calibrated...

Have you graphite powdered the V posts and cleaned the V pads as well...

Just asking since the ammo reloading thing is more than just one thing...

My dialed in 5-0-5 is getting shelved as a 10-10 is soon to be at my door step...

https://www.longrangehunting.com/th...-headspace-measurement-on-fired-cases.210962/

Ghostmoney,
Check this thread out with special attention to post #3. It focuses on headspace, but also addresses the fact that it takes some brass multiple firings before it stabilizes. I think it kind of goes along with what Mikecr is saying about your brass still being unstable and not yet suitable for serious load developement due to it not having properly fit your chamber yet.
Thank you for that link it was very helpful, used the spent primer in the case trick on a few cases and all came out 1.6095 which is what all my 2x fires brass is measuring out to. So will load up 5 at the 43.6 .010 off and see if the ES is any better before switching primers

What weigh scale are you using,,, whens the last time you've had it tuned and calibrated...

Have you graphite powdered the V posts and cleaned the V pads as well...

Just asking since the ammo reloading thing is more than just one thing...

My dialed in 5-0-5 is getting shelved as a 10-10 is soon to be at my door step...
Using rcbs chargemaster and calibrate before each reloading session and periodically check with a bullet that I have weighed previously to make sure it's still reading same weight

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.