lost river ballistic technologies bullets?

forknhorn

does anyone have any experience with these bullets. i was looking at the 140gr for my 7mm ultra mag w/32" douglas. it claims to have a .644bc. the 160gr claims .715bc. it's listed as a hunting bullet with match grade characteristics. you can find it's add in cabelas 2004 shooting catalog, pg.25. thanks
smile.gif

Hi Forknhorn.

I'm 4ked Horn. Nice to meet you.

I'll save you the search. Those bullets seem to be awfull x 2. That is awfull crappy and awfull spendy.

I havent shot any but if a few guys say the bench is covered in wet paint, well, I ain't going to touch it just to make sure.
wink.gif

just search "lost river" and you'll find enough info to know better
wink.gif
smile.gif

or check here if it works--> SEARCH

nevermind--cant link to the search i did--goaan have to search it yourself.

JB

[ 01-30-2004: Message edited by: jb1000br ]

thanks 4ked horn. i guess i'll keep looking for a flat shooting bullet. what do you think about the 139gr sst interbond.

There--I didnt have to say it this time
wink.gif

anywho--why not the 168SMK or 162 amax--that is all you need--or the heavier custom bullets like JLK, Cauteruccio, berger?

JB

jb100br, i'm sure those are great bullets but i'm looking for something that shoots like a lazer to 400-500 yards. so i would like to stay around 140gr.

I purchased some of the .30 cal 180g j36, my first group was like 5" @ 100 yds. I promptly
called the maker and sounded my alarm at his expensive bullets!!He kept his cool and suggested a new O.A.L. to try and it worked perfectly, next group was one hole @ 100 yds.
I also tried some of the j40's in 190g and with this short O.A.L. shot .5" at 200 yds.
The 180's kill deer easily and would probably kill larger game as well.This may be a fluke in my rifle, but it has shot most all bullets I have tried in it with great results.

Dan Tec this particular rifle is completely stock Savage weather warrior mod. 116 SAK in 300RUM 1in 10 very little fouling, but this could have went the other way according to the maker.The muzzle vel. just under 3200fps not exactly screaming.

Sniper

what your caliber
what your barrel pitch and barrel brand
what your muzzle velocity
and how if foulling in barrel and how many bullets have you shoot ?

good shooting

DAN TEC

forknhorn,

I have a customer in Oregon that went on an Elk/Mule Deer hunt last year in Idaho and used his 7 STW and our 127gr EXP Groove Bullets. He was getting 3700 FPS using our 127gr EXP bullet. He killed his elk, one shot, at 527 yards and the next day killed his mule deer at 524 yards. Both, one shot kills. At 3700 I have to believe the 127gr shoots mightly flat. He got complete pass through on both animals, broadside.

Don

Pretty common knowledge that you have to distance solids from the lands alittle more.
No big deal
Shaky
Your grooved bullets are cool, but do not even begin to compare to LRBs.
Forknhorn is obviously interested in BC moreso than solid.

LRB hight BC perhaps but proven BC ?

one thing is sure that perfect groove killer by design with very long bearing surface with bullet in tought alloy as nickel copper aloy and very long bullet are more than difficult to get stabilzed

groove bullet are safe for barrel and pressure stay at same level as lead core

any body have information on load / velocity with LRB because the web site is empty of technicals informations as old water drum in middle of AZ

good shooting

DAN TEC

i've tried lost river bullets and would say they were the absolute worst shooting bullets i've ever tried.the owner worked with me to try and make them shoot.when i gave up on them,he refunded my money.what i know about copper bullets(any of them)is the fit to the barrel is critical.also if you have a bore that is larger at the muzzle,than at the chamber,they will never shoot.the groove bullet and g s customs are the best at killing game.the gs can be shot faster than any other bullet but can be tricky to get 1/2 moa or less.the groove bullets are very accurate,but have a very limited selection(one per cal.)i think the barnes is the bottom of the heap.don't get me wrong,they're better than lead bullets when it comes to terminal performance,they're great killers.i just think the others are better because they shed their pedals and slam through with a one dia. instead of mushrooming.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts