Loose Rings

I have a preculiar situation I am not sure what to do next. I have a Savage 10FP with the HS Precision stock and am in the process of setting it up to shoot. I bought a bushnell Elite 4200 4x16 for it and wanted to install a 20 moa rail. However after thinking about it I decided to go with the Burris signature rings with the inserts that I can tune with different inserts to gain the exact MOA to what works for the scope for long range shooting. I have used this system in the past and I really like it. Here is the problem- I bought a set of the Burris rings and a set of Leupold bases. After getting them home the turn in dovetail ring turned in a little to easy (hand turn with not much resistance)so I thought it was the rings and took them back and got new rings- no change. Then I thought that it must be the bases took them back and got new bases same thing. Now what I have rings and bases and a whole lot of time and I don't like the fact that these rings turn in so easy. The other ones I have used did not have this problem what is the deal? Where do I go from here.

I would ditch the leupy bases and get the DD bases from Burris. I know the leupy's should work fine with the Burris bases, but they weren't made specifically to go together. I just got a set of Burris Signature rings and bases and they are very tight. In fact it was not possible to turn them in by hand.

[ QUOTE ]
I would ditch the leupy bases and get the DD bases from Burris. I know the leupy's should work fine with the Burris bases, but they weren't made specifically to go together. I just got a set of Burris Signature rings and bases and they are very tight. In fact it was not possible to turn them in by hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are the man! That is what I needed to hear. Thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.