When is a parallax knob too loose for hunting

ShtrRdy

Recently I picked up a used Nightforce 2.5-10x42 NXS scope to put on my Elk rifle. I like everything about this model but the Parallax adjustment is really easy to turn. Would a easy to turn Parallax knob be a significant concern to you?

If it stays where you put it I would be fine with it. I always check it if I am setting up at a new distance - I.e. the only time I don't is if I am taking a follow up shot or a string of shots at the range. NF should fix under warranty if it is out of spec loose.

I have a VX6 4-24 with a loose parallax. I put a tight black O-ring between the knob and scope body, works perfectly with just the right resistance.
Worth a try. I know Leo and Nightforce will repair them but this was right before a hunt and didn't want to switch scopes. I forget about the ring being on and never notice it, so it will probably stay there.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.