Looking to upgrade from viper pst

Kroberts

This coming up year I'm looking to upgrade my scope. I will say that I love the scope for what you can do with it for its price point, but I'm starting to run into it's limitations. Mostly in the amount of elevation adjustment it has and the amount of windage hold it has in the reticle. I'm also looking something that's a little more clear with 20-25 max magnification. I would like the adjustments to be in MOA since that's what I'm used to and what my shooting buddies use. I've researched a little on Swarovski, kahles, Steiner, vortex razor, and night force. I just can't make up my mind of what I want. One of my friends has the ATACR and the other one I shoot with a lot is planning to get one and I want something different. I like everything about the Steiner but it's only in mills right now though I read that they plan to put out some Moa models. So I'm leaning heaviest towards kahles or Swarovski. With the razor following up if i can't quite swing enough for the other choices when the time comes. All opinions on these and any other models are appreciated. And if you needs more information on what I plan to do with it just let me know.

Thanks a bunch,
Kyle

Tag. Good question.

PST works great but I would like better glass too. And although repeatability and durability seem great, Nightforce NSX glass just doesn't seem all that much better to me.

I'd vote for the next step up is a lightly used gen 1 Razor HD. I've seen MOA versions on Gunbroker and Sniper Central.

You might also check out the Burris XTR-II

If you got more funds an ATACR would be nice - - I wish I could buy one.

From what I can find to get the 100+ Moa internal, zero stops, Moa turrets and reticle, and a step up in glass and magnification. The choices I can find are the vortex gen 2 razor, night force ATACR, and valdada. I know I can get the gen 1 razor a lot cheaper than any of these with the increased internal adjustment I need, but I've heard that the glass isn't enouxh better than the viper glass. Since I want to try getting a 284 win to go 2000+ yards I figure I'll need to get the best scope I can swing. Ive still got a little while before I start to get serious about which one I'll get so any others that fit these requirements would be appreciated that way I have more options to choose from. All opinions on any of these scopes and others are appreciated.

Thanks,

Kyle

Take a look at some of the March offerings at Bullets.com. The 2.5x25 has 100 moa adjustment each way, weighs just 22 oz, and is reported to have excellent glass. I can't confirm the glass quality as I haven't looked through one....yet, but it's on it's way.

Chris

Don't forget the Sightron SIII 6-24 with 100 MOA for a lot cheaper. I just sold three of mine to fund a Kahles and am loving it so far; it only has 88 MOA available in the turrets though. The ATACR is straight up phenomenal but I liked the reticle in the Kahles so much I couldn't say no.

Why not a Gen 2? I didn't care for my PST's. I bought both at the same time about 5 years ago. Maybe they got better since then...? I had several people tell me NF is the way to go and I have to agree. They are ONE of the avenues to take in long distance shooting. The Vortex Gen 2 is even more impressive than my NSX -IMO.
IMO the glass was comparable to my USO.

Why don't you check out Cal Zant's web page. prescionrifleblog.com

He does an amazing job testing all the big name scopes. Awesome!!!!

From all the reading I've done on the scopes suggested, I'm leaning most towards the March. Though until I spend the money I'll probably do what I always do and keep jumping around on which is my favorite and read almost nonstop on them all. The suggestions have all been awesome.

Kyle

From all the reading I've done on the scopes suggested, I'm leaning most towards the March. Though until I spend the money I'll probably do what I always do and keep jumping around on which is my favorite and read almost nonstop on them all. The suggestions have all been awesome.

Kyle

AGAIN, I stress the website in my previous post-especially if you are looking at the March.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.