Scope upgrade from Vortex Viper PST FFP segustions

cmorsch

I am currently using a 4-16x50 Viper PST FFP and am wanting to upgrade the optics on its current host which is a 300 RUM. What would you guys suggest going to as what I really want to put on it I can not afford which is the ATACR. I don't care if the scope is FFP or SFP. This will allow me to put the vortex on my backup rifle.

I had the exact same scope and wanted to upgrade as well. I decided on the Nightforce NSX 5.5-22X56 and have been amazed at its performance!! You will not be disappointed. I agree with the prior post..... NSX or Razor gen 1

I upgraded my 4-16 PST for a NXS 3.5-15x50 and my 6-24 PST for a 5-25 ATACR. There's nothing wrong with the PST, but the Nightforce's were certainly an upgrade. That being said, I think the vortex gen 1 Razor is also a good option. It's pretty comparable to a NXS as a gen 2 razor is comparable to an ATACR. I have a slight preference to Nightforce, but both are excellent scopes. That being said, I opted for a gen 2 razor 1-6x24 over the Nightforce 1-4 on my timber gun 308.

I'd either go with a NXS or a Razor.

I agree. Razors are dirt cheap now that the Gen 2 have come out. If you can spend the ~ 2k then NXS is the way but then why not save a few hundred more and get an ATACR?

Carl Zant at Precision Rifle Blog has a GREAT field test on his website with most of the higher end scopes. He is a awesome none biased evaluator of products.

I sent him an email bc my brother did not want to spend much over 1k and he said the Bushnell 3.5-21 would be his pick for that price range.

JMO

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.