looking to up grade my old stw.

Thanks again,
I think I will hold on the trigger for now, wait and see if it will work for me. My smith has re worked most of my triggers at a reasonable cost and in most cases I have been more than pleased.
The stock was sold by the smith to the guy I bought my hs precision from, I have no idea why he wanted it lol. The barrel is on ebay currently going for $50.

I am getting very close on a scope, luepold vx3 4.5x14x40mm cds, new for $499. I think this will work ok for me and my current ability. As a matter of fact it will give me lots of room to grow. I called luepold guessing at the ballistics with zero at 300yds, I should be around 900 yards at the top end of the turret with the zero stop. As far as bases and rings, I am looking at steel luepold 2 piece dovetail bases with medium rings.

Any thoughts would be apriceated
Thanks
Reid

Sounds like you are about there man. That scope is a good one. I have the same one with a 50mm objective and it is great. 900 yards is plenty of room to grow for now. I would suggest looking at the Talley lightweight rings. The bottom of the ring is build right into the base. Making less of a possibility for error. I went away fro the dovetail style years ago after having a set come loose. The Talley set is very reasonable as far as cost. Should only run about $40-$50, about the same as the dovetail style, and much more secure. They mount up very easily and prevent the chance of misalignment. You could have your gunsmith lap them for an absolute perfect fit. I have them on everything from 22-250s to Ultra Mags and they hold up to everything i have thrown at them. They are honestly worth much more than they charge in my opinion.

Barrel shiped today, I m excited. However I am now thinking about going supressed???. I am looking hard at the dead air sandman s. I am still trying to figure out the trust. The barrel shipping is good news but now I have to makea decission on suppression or not, and if so which, so I can get the adapter to the smith. He wants to start building on Friday or Saturday lol. I need to figure out the thread size for the supressor adapters just to be sure.

Barrel shiped today, I m excited. However I am now thinking about going supressed???. I am looking hard at the dead air sandman s. I am still trying to figure out the trust. The barrel shipping is good news but now I have to makea decission on suppression or not, and if so which, so I can get the adapter to the smith. He wants to start building on Friday or Saturday lol. I need to figure out the thread size for the supressor adapters just to be sure.

For big-bore suppression, I will most likely go with a Thunderbeast Ultra 9. I have heard and read excellent things.

I've been wanting one for many years, but have been holding out recently when I heard about them introducing the Hearing Protection Act. Hoping it will pass.

You don't really need a suppressor adapter; as soon as BAFTE clears my Eliteiron (supporting Made in Montana products) bravo with a 5/8-24 thread, it will screw on directly to my barrel.

Video of a 375 Cheytac https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvfQn9_2Ac8

As far as thread goes, most suppressors will have appropriate thread recommendation for your particular barrel.

Unless you get really lucky, expect at least 4-6 months wait. Mine was turned in Nov 2015.

Good luck!

Ed

Last edited:

http://www.templartacticalfirearms.com/collections/suppressors-by-model/products/nemesis30-pms-6-precision-mounting-system-xd-extreme-duty

10 oz
Nuf said:cool:gun)

For big-bore suppression, I will most likely go with a Thunderbeast Ultra 9. I have heard and read excellent things.

I've been wanting one for many years, but have been holding out recently when I heard about them introducing the Hearing Protection Act. Hoping it will pass.

The trust is the first step. Curious as to any thoughts on this. Expenceive or cheap? I believe that there are lawyers who use scare tactics. I have herd that there is an executive order that obama has signed that will change the current trusts so that after july ? 13th any trusties ie my son will have to go through finger prints ect. Also that any suppressors purchased after that date will be subject to the same regardless of the trust.(the trust paralegal I talked to said not true as long as the trust was done by July).

My smith said that gemtec, thunderbeast, and one other? Were the best from what he has heard.
A friend of mine who owns a gunshop and sells suppressors highly recomends the dead air sandman. He hunts with it likes it and it has a lifetime warranty.

It is an expencive and tough decision.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.