Looking for opinions on powder for 7mm rem mag

archer786

Hey everybody, i'm gettin ready to make up loads for my 7mag.
i"ve settled on the 168gr berger and now am trying to decided which powder would be best for this. Im runnin a 26'' barrel with 250 cci primers. The 2 powders that i have narrowed my choice down to are powders that i have never used before and am lookin for opinions from those that have.. The 2 are IMR 7828ssc and Retumbo.
So if any of yal have used these, especially with thhe berger bullet could i get some feed back on what ya thought about them, things like velocitys, which burns dirtier, temp stability or temp sensitivity etc etc. thanks in advance.

I just started loading for the 7mm and have had great results with H1000 and the 168VLD. I will be loading some with retumbo also and will let you know results.

The only reason I would use anything other than H1000 is if I couldn't get any H1000.

Hey everybody, i'm gettin ready to make up loads for my 7mag.
i"ve settled on the 168gr berger and now am trying to decided which powder would be best for this. Im runnin a 26'' barrel with 250 cci primers. The 2 powders that i have narrowed my choice down to are powders that i have never used before and am lookin for opinions from those that have.. The 2 are IMR 7828ssc and Retumbo.
So if any of yal have used these, especially with thhe berger bullet could i get some feed back on what ya thought about them, things like velocitys, which burns dirtier, temp stability or temp sensitivity etc etc. thanks in advance.

you should take a serious look at RL22 for sure a very fine bussiness powder for
7mm mag and heavy bullets, federal 215 gm m primers.

I havent gotten the time to play with H1000 for my 7mm mag, but Ive used Retumbo with good results thus far. I wasnt impressed with the Hodgdon load data for the H1000, perhaps some members could send a PM with some load data if they have any for 160 r Partitions?Hint,lol

seems like H1000 is a general consensus.. i'll have to give that a look as well. i think i'm goin to give the 7828 a shot first. simply because i have 2 cans of it that have never been opened.

RL22 and H4831sc both worked well for me.
So, I haven't tried anything else.
Norma brass, GM215M primers, and 180g Bergers.

I've had good results with RL22, H4831 and H1000 as well. Any one is worth a try in your's!

Most accurate powder I ever used when I was playing with a 7 Rem mag was Accurate 3100 but now they have stopped making it. H-4831 was really good also but this was before they came out with slower powders like IMR7828, H1000 etc.

I used IMR-4350 for many years with great results,but Reloader-22 is my go to powder these days.

I like IMR 4350 for my 7mmRemMag...66grs for 140gr Ballistic Tip and then for bigger out of state deer I use 64gr with 145gr Grand Slam...Both bullets bust a deer's hindend!! The 140gr Ballistic Tip will out shoot the 145gr Grand Slam in my gun, but not by much...

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.