Looking for new 308 win

SamuelBerryhill308

Hello all I'm looking to buy a new 308 win rifle I've been looking at seekins havak ph2,christensen arms mesa long range,springfield Waypoint and christensen ridgeline.im open to other brands but havnt really looked into others at this time.i would like a 22 to 26 inch barrel on what ever i end up with.ive been looking for a remington 5r but cant find one.I would like to here some feed back from people who may have these models of rifles and the pros and cons of them.thanks

At this point in my life I put more emphasis on weight than I ever did in the past if it is a hunting rifle. I don't need ultra light, but a 10#+ rifle is just too uncomfortable to carry on long treks. All the ones you have listed would more than likely be fine rifles. Finding them in stock where you can handle them would be a real plus in your decision making.

At this point in my life I put more emphasis on weight than I ever did in the past if it is a hunting rifle. I don't need ultra light, but a 10#+ rifle is just too uncomfortable to carry on long treks. All the ones you have listed would more than likely be fine rifles. Finding them in stock where you can handle them would be a real plus in your decision making.
I agree I'm looking at 10 to maybe 12 pound rifle that I can hubt with and not worried about it being to heavy to Carrie like the 308 I have now. The one I'm having a hard time finding is the seekins havak ph2

I have a Rem 5R, 20" barrel. I got it before Rem went bankrupt (actually bought 2 5R rifles, the .308 and 6.5cm). Got them for a steal with each getting a $75 rebate. Like $600-$650 for each all said and done.

Both are great shooters. My .308 shoots this with my handloads with boring regularity.

u1eCTGw.jpg

WmTKDtP.jpg

Only needed a decent trigger.

That being said- I have watched some on line auctions for the 5R 308, especially the sand colored stock like mine and with a 20" barrel, go for stupid insane prices. Over $2,000 or more in some cases. For that kind of coin I would buy a stock, a Krieger 5R barrel, and a 700 action and build my own. But I can tell you- I am not selling my 5R .308. I culled two does last year at 400-450 yards. Bloody thing is a tack driver.

I have a Rem 5R, 20" barrel. I got it before Rem went bankrupt (actually bought 2 5R rifles, the .308 and 6.5cm). Got them for a steal with each getting a $75 rebate. Like $600-$650 for each all said and done.

Both are great shooters. My .308 shoots this with my handloads with boring regularity.

u1eCTGw.jpg

WmTKDtP.jpg

Only needed a decent trigger.

That being said- I have watched some on line auctions for the 5R 308, especially the sand colored stock like mine and with a 20" barrel, go for stupid insane prices. Over $2,000 or more in some cases. For that kind of coin I would buy a stock, a Krieger 5R barrel, and a 700 action and build my own. But I can tell you- I am not selling my 5R .308. I culled two does last year at 400-450 yards. Bloody thing is a tack driver.
That's the rifle I've been trying to find or the older model with black stock can't seem to fine one any were here lately.and I've priced having the barely replaced on my remington 700 in 308 to carbon fiber wrap or a krieger and my local to me smith wants 1700 + to do so the remington I have shoots like your 5r with my handloads but it's so darn heavy to carry due to the stock mostly but it's nice to move a round with being 20inch barrel.ive shot 3 deer so far with it and I'm a die heart 308 fan but some reason this barrel is a slow barrel and it being 20inch already hurts the fpr area anyways.i have a 24 inch barrel savage model 11 varmint tatical that shoots just as well but it weighs just as much or more

That's too light.. he's looking for a 10 maybe 12 pound hunting rifle. You have a great gun, as I personally like my hunting rifles in the sub 8 lb range.
I'm open to 10 pound and below rifles as well for nice light weight Carry rifle but I do t want anything with a barrel smaller than a #3 or #3b.thats why I was looking at carbon fiber wrap barrel rifles as well