Looking for Hunting Partner for Dall Sheep in Wrangell-St. Elias, AK over August 9-15, 2021

BillNye

I scouted out a nice location with plenty of big rams this year but didn't feel comfortable packing one out solo in that terrain. Access is by a 5 mile off trail hike with about 5100 feet of elevation gain. I'm looking for someone in great shape who, like me, doesn't want to spend the money to fly out someplace, to go do a weeklong hunt in the area next year and hopefully come out with a ram each. There's a strong possibility that ridgeline navigation will be involved along with the typical hiking load endemic to sheep hunting.

Attachments

XSIVSPD

I'd be interested, but I don't if I'll be in sheep shape by then lol. I'm in palmer. Nice looking area though!

muleystalker

Are you going to be hunting on Wrangle island? My buddy lives on Wrangle, I didn't realize they had Dall sheep on the island, this could be interesting.

BillNye

Interestingly the park and preserve are not related to the island and town, just named after the same guy. They're about 500 miles apart. Wrangell the town/island has blacktail and goat. Wrangell-St Elias the national preserve has goat, sheep, and moose.