• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Looking for brass and dies

Wrong...a Canadian can't buy scopes, ammo or components due to ITAR regulations.
Right.....we can but I said in person! Can't get it thru the mail! . They only thing....only.....is we can't buy a rifle at any store.... but we can buy one from an individual and ZERO DIFFICULTY bringing it across if you declare it and HAVE YOUR PAL with you of course! And now for Canadians of course we can't bring back any SCARY black guns! If you are uneducated about this I suggest you call the border or go online to CCRA and read up on it! You will be pleasantly surprised! Hard to tell someone who Declared a Bushmaster 50 BmG, shells, scope and hardcase in April of this year (2020) that they are wrong....the only delay was....the guards were so excited to see one....they all had to come out and Whistle!

Pretty sure I have at least one box of managed recoil for the 243 and several boxes of hornady. If you need them, let me know.

Personally I think a 243 winchester is too much gun for such a wee lassie, she will develop a flinch that will impede her future shooting. I would be looking at a 222 /223 to start with and as she develops she can go from there. If you must stick with the 243 use lighter bullets and drop the charge to the minimium stated in your reloading data. If You stick with the faster burning powder you can go lower. 3031 is a good powder or Hodgson equivilent
Slow burning powders do not like reduced charges, its dangerous.
Also Have a Pachmayr Decelerator Recoil pad fitted Decelerator is a special material to absorb recoil and lasts longer than normal rubber pads
Ear Plug Hearing protection will also help her if in the field ,
Vaughn G in OZ

Personally I think a 243 winchester is too much gun for such a wee lassie, she will develop a flinch that will impede her future shooting. I would be looking at a 222 /223 to start with and as she develops she can go from there. If you must stick with the 243 use lighter bullets and drop the charge to the minimium stated in your reloading data. If You stick with the faster burning powder you can go lower. 3031 is a good powder or Hodgson equivilent
Slow burning powders do not like reduced charges, its dangerous.
Also Have a Pachmayr Decelerator Recoil pad fitted Decelerator is a special material to absorb recoil and lasts longer than normal rubber pads
Ear Plug Hearing protection will also help her if in the field ,
Vaughn G in OZ

Thanks for the info. She currently shoots her .22 as well as my Creedmore. She also shoots my 4/10 and 12ga when we bird hunted in North Dakota.

Any idea what bullet you want to shoot? Dies should be available for the 243 from a local stores or through a big online retailer.
I have several round of brass once fired and a nice set of rcbs dies for sale.

Thanks y'all. Here is VA and in TN you can't find anything.

My plan is to give her this gun from Santa. Then I'm gonna sent it to a friend in Alabama to get Cerekote in a color of her choice. Then she and I will paint the stock together as a project.

Here is a few pics of her shooting her .22 and loving it.
Send me your email and i can help you get what you wont. [email protected]

IMG_1179.JPG

I want to thank everybody that has offered to help and that has helped me my daughter and I. I am super excited for her to shoot as well as loading some rounds up for her.

The fellowship we have here is top notch. Very few places in this crazy world can people be kind and help others that they don't know. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I know that in the future I will be able to return your kind act in one way or another.

Pictures will be posted on Christmas Day and video as soon as we can get to a range.

Thank you all again and Merry Christmas from my family and I to you all and your families.

There is 243 die for sale in classified today. If you don't find what you need. I have some mixed brass once fired if needed

Thanks

Buck

I think I found some fellas. Thank y'all. I'll keep everybody updated and post pics of a super happy girl I'm sure
I'm in Virginia also, and I believe my pal still has .243 ammo in his gun shop. If not, I might can go through his "open box" ammo cart and put you something together.