Looking for advice on these optics with people that has them or have shot with them.

Wachsmann

I'm looking for advice on these optics from people that have had them are have shot with them in long range or extended ranges where the turret was adjusted and was it reliable and did it track consistently and return to zero. These are some cheaper scopes I have listed. Tring to do a setup on a cheaper budget. Currently the one in my number one position is probably my first choice.

1. Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4-16x44 Rifle Scope…349.00

85 MOA internal adjustment/Christmas tree reticle/30mm tube diameter

2. Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4-12x40 Rifle Scope…249.00

70 MOA internal adjustment/MOA has marks reticle/1 inch tube diameter

3. Burris Fullfield IV 4-16x50 Rifle Scope - 6.5 Creedmoor…319.00

60 MOA internal adjustment/ MOA small Christmas tree reticle/1 inch tube/Capped turret

4. Burris Fullfield IV 3-12x56 Rifle Scope…299.00

100MOA internal adjustment/MOA small Christmas tree reticle/30mm tube/ non cap turret.

For that budget I would be looking at Tract and Arken, with the Tract you will likely be in a 1" tube and Arken you can get all of the features of the Vortex plus really good glass for the $$ and dead solid tracking. Tract has a Mil/Vet/1st responder discount also if you can use it. I like the Arken and Tract WAY better than my Vortex, to be fair I am comparing the Arken SH II and Tract Toric ELR to my Razor gen 1. Huge price differences between these three with retail on the Razor the highest and the Arken the lowest but I would take the Arken over the Razor. I have seen and used the Diamondback and PST gen 1 and 2, I'd take the Arken every time, I would take the Burris every time also.

I already have an Arkin on my 308. It's nice with the tactile adjustments but there are a few things I did not like about it. It needs to be focused when ever moving up and down the power range which bugs me the most. My Vortex I do not have to adjust once it was set only the parallax setting needs to be adjusted. It's very heavy. The finish scratches way to easy. Other than this It has been spot on for adjustment which has been great. It holds zero very well and its first focal plane so its an added bonus but I'm looking at others. I still may look at this in a lower power rang but the weight and having to adjust the focus every time seem to bug me. Just me. My 6X18 Red field doesn't need to be refocused when moving up and down the power range.

I own 3 Diamond Back Tactical scopes and have had no issues with any of them. They do return to zero, but there isn't a hard zero stop as in my Razor HD and Viper PST. They are super easy to zero out your turrets after sight in. Don't even need an Allen wrench. I can't tell you how disappointed I was when I drove an hour to a long distance rifle
range and when I got there I didn't the right tool to zero or set the zero stop on my $2,300 rifle scope.
back to the Diamond back, most of the time I don't even dial the Diamond Back. I like shooting off the "Christmas Tree" EBR RETICLE and use it for drop and wind holds. I recently put one on my 22NRL rifle and have been practicing to see if I can compete with it. it's been working for me in practice.

Maybe look at sightron s-tac as well. I don't have much time on any of those scopes you have listed but experienced some major issues with students using the diamond back. Tracking, clarity, losing zero. It was a few years ago so maybe they've improved since

If you want to step up your budget by $100, Natchez has a great deal on the Burris Veracity 3x15x50 ($435). I run one of these on my 338 WM and actually am quite fond of the scope. A good buddy of mine runs the Fullfield IV 3-12 on his Bergara 300WM, and I will say my Veracity blows the Fullfield out of the water in clarity.

Another option would be the Athlon. I run the ARES BTR (2x4.5-27 and a 3-15) and 2 of the Helos BTR 2-12x42. Athlon offers a lot of features and value for the money. Cameraland runs some pretty good deals from time to time. I think I paid around $450ish for the Helos and only around $350 for the ARES BTR's (these are Gen 1 and were close-outs, hence the deal).

I have your #1 and it is a ton of scope for the $$, but mine is 6-24, agree on comments about not dialing too. I use it mostly on square range on high magnification and reticle is good for that but at low magnification I do not find it the fastest to pickup.

I just bought and only have limited experience with the Helos BTR 2-12x42. I wanted to be able to shoot off hand if I need to and with 2x and the donut over the Christmas tree reticle it was just the ticket.

JB

I just bought and only have limited experience with the Helos BTR 2-12x42. I wanted to be able to shoot off hand if I need to and with 2x and the donut over the Christmas tree reticle it was just the ticket.

JB

I originally purchased one of the Helos early this year. Used it a couple of times calling coyotes (w/no luck). I was pretty impressed with the reticle and overall clarity. Although I never got a chance to use it on a yote, I did scope out deer and other critters. The lines are heavy enough to be able to use at 2x for normal hunting, much like the standard SFP scope. I ended up liking it enough, I purchased another when they went on sale to sit on my 300 Blackout.

There are a lot of GOOD inexpensive scopes on the market. Before purchasing one think about what you will be using it for and not just today, but future use. Putting resources into a scope may be some thing that meets your budget.
The old saying "Buy Once Cry Once" always enters into the equation when purchasing items. My dad taught me that.
Whatever you decide on give this some thought.
The glass on your firearm is probably the most important and expensive component.
There are "Cheaper" "Less Expensive" scopes. Two different meanings.
Then quality, less expensive does not necessarily equal to less quality.
You didn't mention what caliber, fiream, type of hunting/shooting.
Over many years of shooting we have had different different manufacturers and models basically each for the type shooting.
Good luck my friend in your choice and hope your scope(s) provide you a lifetime of great shooting!
Len and Jill

I have two diamondback tactical's both 4-16 and they are a great scope for the money. Clear glass and positive turrets. Only real complaint is the lack of a zero stop and illumination, but those cost extra.

I have the vortex 4-16 on my NRL 22 rifle, it's a good beginner scope, mine doesn't track totally true to moa but within limits
I've also had the 3-12 fullfield,
The fullfield had better glass I think but the vortex was nicer if dialing