Looking for a Unicorn- in KY, TN or close by.

I wanted to provide an update and props to the folks that provided qualified references for the services that I was seeking.

To be completely honest, part of the reason for me providing this update is self-serving. I got quite a few responses that suggested that waiting extended periods of time was the only way to get the work done and that any 'smith worth their salt was going to have a long lead.

At the end of the day, none of that turned out to be true. I got 3 leads for very qualified, highly skilled craftsman that were prepared to take on the work and complete it within 2-3 weeks. All answered their phone and/or called back within one business day, all were very polite and engaging in the discussion about the work, and ultimately my decision was made based on the guy tgat actually had the reamer on hand for the cartridge that I wanted to chamber in (6x284). All of the smiths were located within 2 hour drive of my residence.

I hired Ian Smith- Elemental Industries out of Cookeville, TN. I delivered my barrel and action yesterday, and I am very confident and comfortable with my decision. Ian has got a lot of great recipes cooking in his shop....and I think he is one to watch in the industry.

Thanks to those that helped me find these craftsman! I'll post pictures when it's done.

I sent an action to Preece Precision in Utah in early Feb to have an barrel chambered, cerakoted and installed. I got a message from him today saying it was on its way back. 6 weeks total time. Just throwing it out there for anyone else that might need work done in a hurry.

I think if you call Greg at Bug Holes " Southern Precision barrels he would be able to get you in in a fair amount of time, with them only being a hour from you shipping would be a mute point, i live here locally where the are at . They are great to work with and the products and services they have done for me has been excellent .