Looking for a new hunting bullet... Which one!??!

Thanks for the info gents! I almost bought some TLR but they were 200 grains and they don't make them anymore and I'd had to buy a crap load on risk they work. I chose not to. But I'll look at the hammer and terminal ascent.

So I have a 300 WSM I love but last few animals I have shot I am not seeing the results I want on animals and I actually lost a buck in Colorado this weekend. So I am looking to try and switch things up. Currently shooting the 190 ABLR. Recently scored some 200 grain ELDX before this all happened just to try them out. I just hear good and bad about every kind of bullet so looking for some insight. A buddy of mine says for smaller game like deer or antelope I need a softer bullet or possibly the speed of the gun and bullets are too much. I forgot to add... Seams like the closer the shot the less I see great results but the further shots seam to do better. 200 yards and in are not great but 300 out seam much better and my AR10 stones most things so I am trying to figure out how to solve the situation. Thoughts??
Barnes 175LRX

So I have a 300 WSM I love but last few animals I have shot I am not seeing the results I want on animals and I actually lost a buck in Colorado this weekend. So I am looking to try and switch things up. Currently shooting the 190 ABLR. Recently scored some 200 grain ELDX before this all happened just to try them out. I just hear good and bad about every kind of bullet so looking for some insight. A buddy of mine says for smaller game like deer or antelope I need a softer bullet or possibly the speed of the gun and bullets are too much. I forgot to add... Seams like the closer the shot the less I see great results but the further shots seam to do better. 200 yards and in are not great but 300 out seam much better and my AR10 stones most things so I am trying to figure out how to solve the situation. Thoughts??
Have you tried 180gr Nosler Partitions? Your 300WSM should easily drop any whitetail, Muledeer and elk with a well placed shot with the Nosler Partitions. Having taken over 40 African antelope and as many N American deer with a .30-06 using the 180gr NP I strongly recommend them. And, I personally will not hunt with ELDX bullets.

I shoot a .30-338 wildcat and am shooting a 200 gr. Sierra Game King. I killed my elk this year at 167 yards and I have a 900+ yard kill on elk. As for smaller animals Deer and coyotes have never escaped unless my shot placement was off.
I have only shot paper with the ELDs. They shot great groups but remember ELD = extra long distance.
The Sierra GK have been around a long time and have a longer track record.
I would keep practicing to make sure my shots were true.

S Fandrich
Colorado

Personally for whitetail and black bear here in New England I have really good luck with the eld-match line of bullets. Run heavy for caliber in the 2800-2900 range and you'll be very happy with the performance. I dont have any experience with the 30 cals but I have extensive experience with the 140 eld-m in 6.5 and 162/180eld-m in 7mm. Even the 162 at 3150 from my 7mm rem mag did very well.
If you shoot an elk with match grade bullets you will loose it.
Learned that the hard way.

If you shoot an elk with match grade bullets you will loose it.
Learned that the hard way.
IME that depends a lot on your use of the bullet. I use match grade for long range hunting, let's say past 700 yards because I need the most accurate bullets I can get and at longer ranges they expand well. At shorter ranges I prefer Accubonds. They hold together well for deep penetration and don't ruin so much meat.