Looking for a good rifle

Personally I mentally have trouble "embracing/liking" the shape of the stock on the Camilla and the Lady Hunter, but if they work for our ladies…..who am I to "look a gift horse in the mouth"!

Kinda like leaving the bar at 02:00 with the last girl left alone…..that's why we have paper bags! 😂 memtb

If you got a little $ to spend get a bergara or Tikka, both make nice factory rifle's.

If on a budget, lots of choices here
Savage Axis
Rem 783 are two good choices for hunting

Deer and yote hunting in compact rifle with factory ammo. Idd go 6.5 grendel

As one of our primary big game animals in this neck of the woods is elk, and I have much respect for the Tikka's …..I really wish that they were offered in the .338 Federal. That would make a great medium range (under 400 yards) elk hunting combo…..especially in SS and synthetic! memtb

Since you are a shotgun shooter, recoil is likely less of an issue for you. There are tons of serviceable guns that would meet your needs. The 6.5 Creed is big at the moment and available from a bunch of manufactures. If price is an issue and you are ok with a bolt action Savage Axis may work for you. As noted above the Ruger American is also a good choice. As you may want to use it as deer gun you may want to go 6mm or above, so 243, 6mm, 260, 6.5 Creed or 25-06. If you are looking for a semi auto the prices go up. One other word of advice would be spend as much on a scope as you spend on the rifle. Best of luck in your choice.

Hey y'all, I'm an 18 year old girl looking to get a rifle and was wondering if someone could point me in a good direction :)

Thanks in advance
You've elicited a lot of responses but I'm curious if you are asking a general question or specifically asking about manufacturer brand, or cartridge? How much $$$$ can you afford to spend?

friend of mine went with the weatherby in a 7-08 fits her well. I will echo the 243 as for factory ammo
You will have a wide variety of bullets weights. If you don't plan on saving pelts then the 6.5 creed makes more sense in my eyes. The weatherby Camilla is a fine rifle. I had a muzzle break installed on hers and she enjoys shooting it much more.

Attachments

• 30CBEDEA-9ACA-4925-9D2A-9A03B467AC4E.jpeg
    30CBEDEA-9ACA-4925-9D2A-9A03B467AC4E.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 33
  • 490796A0-43A1-44E7-ABA6-A4EF30033572.jpeg
    490796A0-43A1-44E7-ABA6-A4EF30033572.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 30
I was at Sportman's Warehouse one day standing next to a lady who was looking at rifles and they were showing her the "Camilla". I asked to look at it as it's beauty and unique stock design caught my attention. It didn't fit me real well but I bought one in 6.5 creedmoor anyway. I really liked the gun but it was just too short for me so I sold it to a lady. They are about $850 and can be had in .243. Another good choice would be the Ruger American Predator in 6 creedmoor. All of the Ruger American Predator I have read about are tack drivers. Mine in 6.5 creedmoor certainly is. A cheap rifle but very accurate. Goes for about $450.

One Daughter has a Remington Model Seven in 7mm-08 and her twin Sister a Ruger M77 RL(Ultralight)in .270 Winchester. They will have them forever and they will be passed down for generations. It wonderful that you are interested in shooting and hunting. I wish you the best in all of your adventures.
Darrel Wick

Hey y'all, I'm an 18 year old girl looking to get a rifle and was wondering if someone could point me in a good direction :)

Thanks in advance
I have a question how tall are you the lop. (Length of pull). I do the savage axis the I do either the Boyd àt one stock . Or I get the savage youth stock and change it out for proper length . With that said with out the scope cost . So cost is 400 to 550 with out the scope