Looking at purchasing a new rifle

I like the xbolts, but the trigger is really heavy like stated above. Love my Ruger rpr but would never take it hunting(it's a magnum and weight is up around 20#)I've been looking at the bergara and think it's a lot of rifle for the money. I would also look at the weather by vanguard, a buddy of mine had one in 6.5 and it shot 1/3 inch groups with Hornady factory ammo

I would look closely at a tikka CTR. I have several friends that have them and they speak very highly of them.

I had a Bergara 6mm barrel that I tried and couldn't get it to shoot. But my son's 6.5 Creedmoor Bergara BMP B-14 that we put in a KRG stock to lighten it up, shoots great .5MOA on average for 3 shot groups. So like any company I think it is hit or miss. If you want to change barrels, the coned bolt makes it a little more difficult that just going to a Remage system, but they supposedly have a very good barrel replacement program. When his barrel goes, I'm likely going to replace it with a PTG bolt and go to Remage barrels.

I have an RPR. It shoots great with the 308 barrel or the 6.5x47 barrels I have also. It would be no worse for hunting than any other match gun. If you use a light scope, light foreend, and a CF barrel, it can get pretty reasonable, I saw one at a match set up like this that was surprising.

I like the xbolts, but the trigger is really heavy like stated above. Love my Ruger rpr but would never take it hunting(it's a magnum and weight is up around 20#)I've been looking at the bergara and think it's a lot of rifle for the money. I would also look at the weather by vanguard, a buddy of mine had one in 6.5 and it shot 1/3 inch groups with Hornady factory ammo
The Weatherby Vanguard barrel and action is supplied by HOWA! Therefore the accuracy.

I'm always in the norm but I found my vanguard action to feel very.... meh.

I have had an opportunity to shoot all three and a fourth...being Howa! Howa , Bergara... Tied for 1 st...Browning 2 Nd...I don't like the balance or much else with Ruger...has great accuracy but they are on Gen 3 for a reason...imho...still not there...you can't go wrong with any of them. And oh.. since the first Howa I bought in January...I have purchased 8 more for family and friends in 4 different stock options..
I checked out that Howa Bravo, very nice, it seems to be similar to the Bergara, I will need to add that to my list. I need to locate the rifles locally and see how they feel and fit.

I checked out that Howa Bravo, very nice, it seems to be similar to the Bergara, I will need to add that to my list. I need to locate the rifles locally and see how they feel and fit.
Very good idea, I shoot the Bravo as well and really enjoy it. Very, very accurate out of the box. Good luck with your search!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.