Looking at an Annealeez

I love mine. It's simple and works great. I do have to reset it each time I run some cases but that only takes a minute. I start low so I do not over cook a case and then work up. Within 3 cases I'm there. I set those cases aside and rerun them at the end once they've cooled.

I run 7 Rem Mag with the standard wheels. I do have to give them a little push on each case to feed into the machine. It's not as efficient as it could be but I've never gotten around to buying the Mag wheel bc it still works.

I bought one this year watch videos of how to use it .use bad case's to set it up works great just keep the flame pointed away from the wheels

I really like mine I anneal 223-338 Lapua change wheel s an off you go.Wheels are cheap enough buy a set of each. There may be better ones out there but cost 10x as much.

Been flip flopping between bench source and giraud
I use a Giraud outfitted with an induction annealing unit from Fluxeon. Induction heats cases faster (than flame) and produces extremely consistent results to start with, using water cooled induction coils to keep the radiated heat from the brass out of the coils increases consistency even more.

Being an induction annealing product, the AMP is every as bit good as the Giraud with a Fluxeon unit but without a feed hopper.

Why would s person choose the AMP over the Annealeez?

AMP uses an induction coil and electricity to create eddy currents in the brass which causes it to heat up very quickly. Annealeez uses a flame. Annealeez has a lower startup cost.

The AMP (and other) induction annealing systems are:
- Inherently more accurate and repeatable
- Doesn't use any gas so you wouldn't be running out and need to refill
- Is safer than an open flame; no accidental fire or CO buildup
- Doesn't require you to adjust the flame at startup
- Doesn't require the brass to be positioned within a certain part of the flame
- Can process any case from 17 Hornet to 50 BMG

Annealeez has:
- A hopper that allows you to load a bunch of brass at once
- Lower up front cost
- Standard flame annealing that is very common and popular

Giraud:
- Comes standard with a flame system but partners with Fluxeon to offer an optional induction system
- Uses sizing feeder wheels that allows the processing of any case from 22 Hornet to 50 BMG
- Fluxeon offers induction coils (3) made to most efficiently anneal different case dimensions
- Fluxeon offers water cooled induction coils
- Most expensive startup cost
Fluxeon, the annealing unit manufacturer, is working on a new and higher powered induction annealing system.

Has anyone had any experience with the AMP machine. Good or bad

I was shopping for an annealer a few months ago and I read way too many posts that said "don't screw around with the others and just bite the bullet and buy an AMP" I've only had mine for a few months, but it's amazing. People were right. Absolutely the most simple and easiest way to anneal on the market. It takes a second or two to anneal a case - you can do a hundred in less than 5 minutes. No setup, no adjusting, just punch in the Aztec code for the brass you are doing from the AMP chart and go. I love it and I'm glad I spent the extra money on it.

What is difference between the AMP induction and the Giruad Fluxeon induction Is one system better than the other

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts