Annealeez Settings

nksmfamjp

Anybody want to share your settings?

For all calibers, I point the flame at the base of the neck. I adjust flame length and gap to neck to set the length of anneal from mouth to the anneal heat line.

I slow the PWM until I get the tempilaq inside the neck to change.

for 300 Sherman last night, I had:
Tip to neck of 35mm
Flame length of 30mm
PWM at 45

Just about perfect. No orange flares at tip and heat line was in a good spot….about 1/2" below neck.

Attachments

• A6D0D831-0F2E-4DDE-AA2C-33F05796C04F.jpeg
    A6D0D831-0F2E-4DDE-AA2C-33F05796C04F.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 117
I just purchased one today, but they have came out what they call the Gen 3 model now. It doesn't have the torch mounted to the unit, they have canned the torch mounting since they cannot find the propane hoses anymore, so now they are using a U-Clamp that you add to the bottle and set it up to about an inch away from the brass neck.

Lots of variables in how to set it up, caliber, brass composition, thickness, timing of the wheels, gas type(map or straight propane), and maybe even the bottle type since there is no pressure regulator provided with it.

I think originally they used a freestanding bottle and torch then switched to direct mounted, maybe supply and demand has limited the availability of hose.

t up, caliber, brass composition, thickness, timing of the wheels, gas type(map or straight propane), and maybe even the bottle type since there is no pressure regulator provided with it.

I think originally they used a freestanding bottle and torch then switched to direct mounted, maybe supply and demand has limited the availability of hose.
Its has been trial and error for me, but largely happy with the results. I use the 450 tempilaq to make sure I don't go to far and then set the machine by dull red glow in a dark room the first time. From there I fine tune the setting based on what I see after sizing.

I picked up a hose to use a 15lb tank with it thinking it would be better, but it seems to need a regulator. Have you guys had consistent output with the smaller green cans?

I use a 5lb cylinder but have used the green Coleman cans without issue, caveat that I haven't had mine(annealeaz) all that long. I suspect that as the green cans run down you may need to adjust flame for consistency. Which is the whole point eh? Annealing all the case neck the same...

Recent Posts