Look what the post office did to my package!!

odoylerules

I sent this to another forum member on here. This kind of damage almost looks intentional!! It arrived nearly destroyed with a LOT of the contents missing too. I have to start a claim with the post office now. This sucks!!!!
IMG_4465.JPG
IMG_4466.JPG
IMG_4468.JPG

Post office has really started sucking. And now with insurance you have to prove the value of what was in that box. Stupid as hell. They literally want receipts off contents to prove value to pay for the insurance claim that you paid to add.

I used to drive truck and carried a lot of USPS loads, so IveI been inside a lot of their terminals. They are like every other shipping company, they have no care or regard for the packages.

I hate to say this but good luck with your claim. Also since it was ammo, I hope you had it marked correctly, if you didn't I would not say another word and just take the loss. A fellow I worked with nearly did jail time for sending ammo through the mail.

In fact I don't think it's legal at all to ship ammo via USPS

Sorry just looked closer and see it's brass and bullets.. I'm on my phone, so picture is small.

Last edited:
I used to drive truck and carried a lot of USPS loads, so IveI been inside a lot of their terminals. They are like every other shipping company, they have no care or regard for the packages.

I hate to say this but good luck with your claim. Also since it was ammo, I hope you had it marked correctly, if you didn't I would not say another word and just take the loss. A fellow I worked with nearly did jail time for sending ammo through the mail.

In fact I don't think it's legal at all to ship ammo via USPS

Sorry just looked closer and see it's brass and bullets.. I'm on my phone, so picture is small.
Yeah it was just brass and Bullets. No live ammo

I bought a pair of kenetrek boots from a great guy off of here and the box arrived with only one boot in it! Was basicly told good luck finding it. Makes a guy real hesitant to ship stuff

Edkt: By the way the member I bought the boots from went above and beyond to correct the problem, great guy

Last edited:
Had worse than that. Ordered a SimpliSafe Security package back in Dec. Waited 3 weeks never got order. Co. sent a second order overnight. Got it no prob. A week later the first order shows up at my door. The carrier didn't even ring the bell or knock. Package was cut open & all but 2 items were missing! Guess that's why no knock or ring. They suck. Period. I once had a small order of lead bullets found by a neighbor UNDER the mail box & dumped on the ground. That one almost came to blows with the supervisor!!

BW

while you have a complaint, i have shipped usps for over 12 years for my prior company.
shipping LEAD and brass
you must pack SOLID. no room for movement. a box of bullets bouncing around on the inside will tear your box apart.
wrapped in tape.
heavy box ? strapping tape
never lost a lead shipment, nor a brass shipment.
post office hated me.
70 lb limit flat rate $15, i would ship 60lb s,
sometimes 4 or 5 boxes on the same day.
brass 2500 pc of 45 acp in a large flat rate box , once sent 10 boxes to the same guy on one day.

while you have a complaint, i have shipped usps for over 12 years for my prior company.
shipping LEAD and brass
you must pack SOLID. no room for movement. a box of bullets bouncing around on the inside will tear your box apart.
wrapped in tape.
heavy box ? strapping tape
never lost a lead shipment, nor a brass shipment.
post office hated me.
70 lb limit flat rate $15, i would ship 60lb s,
sometimes 4 or 5 boxes on the same day.
brass 2500 pc of 45 acp in a large flat rate box , once sent 10 boxes to the same guy on one day.
I thought i did. There was no room in this box. Packed very full

I had lead bullets I poured for my mzldr destroyed......
I lived in Pocatello area and those bullets were going to another bullet maker in Buhl idaho to check for hardness and for him to shoot...
They ended up in Maryland at a FBI office....were then ran over with something and shipped back to original post office....
I made the post office pay me for all cost associated including destroyed merchandise...got 30$ back.......
Bastards......

had this same thing happen on a mint collectible firearm before. Not a fun process.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.