• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Look at this Arken optics sale!

Just bought the EP5 on sale on Arkens site. For the price I'm excited but hope it's has enough eye relief. Don't want my kids smacking the **** scope.
I have the SH4 and the EPL, Both have generous enough eye relief. Had the SH4 on a 300 PRC for a while. Served me well.

Last edited:
I ordered one of their EPLs, I like it better than the SH4, it took up a lot of real estate. I typically use a Mark5 on the majority of my dial optics where some range can come into play. My brother in law and brother are stingy with their coin when it comes to optics so we bought a trio of the EPLs to play with and mounted them on three Tikka 6.5 PRCs, the EPL's weight size is much more desirable, at least for me. We've been going out every Saturday morning for the past 3 weeks and running them out to 1350 yards, they dial well, hold zero, easy zero stop to set, pretty amazing value at 299.99 during the current sale.

I'll still use my Mark5s and NFS on most of my personal rigs, they are superior optics in my eyes but I have to give the Arken some credit, it's a very usable optic. I hate the fact they are made in China but I love the fact they are owned by American Vets.

Last edited:
The EPL-4 scopes are allot of bang for the buck. I have shot allot of them. The EPL-4 is a Hybrid. It has EP5 Japanese ED glass and EP5 internals. The EPL-4 4-16 is the same size and weight as my Leupold VX-5HD 3-15's. The EPL-4 6-24 pictured is about 3/4" longer than a VX-5HD 3-15 and only a few ounces heavier.

Attachments

• 69316711092__B79AC520-7FF6-40E1-A21F-D5E73DB02D0D.jpeg
    69316711092__B79AC520-7FF6-40E1-A21F-D5E73DB02D0D.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4719.jpeg
    IMG_4719.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 47
The EPL-4 scopes are allot of bang for the buck. I have shot allot of them. The EPL-4 is a Hybrid. It has EP5 Japanese ED glass and EP5 internals. The EPL-4 4-16 is the same size and weight as my Leupold VX-5HD 3-15's. The EPL-4 6-24 pictured is about 3/4" longer than a VX-5HD 3-15 and only a few ounces heavier.
How does it compare optically to the Leupold?

I own all 3 models and they all work great. The SH4 I use for testing new rifles and it stays in its mount/rings. The other EP and EPL are mounted permanently and get used a bunch. Great optic for the money.
Do you use quick disconnects on the SH4?