Longest shot so far outta the 243AI

45minutes ago I blew up a squirrel with a 87gr V-MAX at a whopping distance of75 yds.Shot out of my 6x284.26"1in10 twist Hart BBL.Here in Ca everything is Fall brown squirrels are so hard to see,plus you fire a couple of shots and they ALL run for thier holes.Next time I go out I'm going to use flame thrower's.It worked in WWII.Is it possiable that digger squirrls can be called?

I also have a 788 chambered in .243 I'm hoping to put a nice scope on it and use it for my long range varmint hunting but it has the short barrel on it.

I just put together a 243 WSSM Savage Striker, and also am hoping to get the 87 V-Max to shoot-- that .4 BC it claaims happens to be the highest pure varmint bullet BC made in any caliber. One of these days some of these companys are gonna figure it out and put some air behind the polymer-tipped VLD bullets to hopefully get some more expansion out of them when vel. drops. When Sierra had their survey on desired bullets the hands down winner by a big margin was a 69 gr. Blitzking. Hopefully that turned some heads. Paul Box @ Sierra told me once "it's no longer a 1:14 twist varminting world out there"-- that was a perfect commentary on the current state of the art.

Oh yeah Sam-- when u hit that crow what kind of terminal effect was there??

[ 10-15-2004: Message edited by: sscoyote ]

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.