Longer range mountain rifle opinions

Andy92

Im trying to decide on a lighter weight mountain hunting rifle that has potential for longer range practice and good accuracy. I was thinking between the bergara m14 wilderness and a christensen arms mesa? Any opinions? 6.5 prc will be the caliber Thanks in advance

Have you had a chance to get behind either one? Check for natural point of aim and which one feels more comfortable. Both are pretty similar in basic specs (length, weight, features, etc).

Have you had a chance to get behind either one? Check for natural point of aim and which one feels more comfortable. Both are pretty similar in basic specs (length, weight, features, etc) ive only had the chance to hold them in the store

I had a Havak in 6.5 CM for about 2 years. Amazing rifle. I put it into a KRG X Ray chassis, but I used it for competition rather than mountain hunting. The lightweight Havak with the fluted barrel would be a brilliant choice. I forgot all about it the first time I read your post. My buddy who spent 6+ years as a hunting guide (now just hunts recreationally) just bought one and he loves it too.