Long time hunter new to long range

LFHenderson

Hello everyone,
I have been hunting for over 30 years in southeast Texas (lr here is about 100yards) but I'm to the point in life where I can hunt other areas and wanting to get into some long range hunting. Any help is appreciated.

Welcome ....
First things first - in order to develop the skills for long range shooting you need access to long range facilities. If you're limited to 100 yards that's gonna be difficult. Got anywhere you can get out to perhaps 700 yards?

Welcome ....
First things first - in order to develop the skills for long range shooting you need access to long range facilities. If you're limited to 100 yards that's gonna be difficult. Got anywhere you can get out to perhaps 700 yards?

I shoot at a local range that has ranges out to 600 yards. Currently working on getting comfortable shooting my 300 win mag on the 600 yard range.

Welcome ....
First things first - in order to develop the skills for long range shooting you need access to long range facilities.

Dry firing while watching your scope reticle for movement is the best practice in my opinion to develop proper form and technique. Just a suggestion.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts