Long Range Calibers

greener280

Im looking to build a extreamly long range gun. Ive been looking at a .408 CT but it is a little expensive; also I am considering a .338 Lapua but i would like to shoot a little but larger bullet. What does everyone else think.

What are you going to shoot that a 300 grain SMK out of a 338 Lapua at 2800 FPS muzzle velocity can't get done?

Do a search for Allen mag or 375 Allen mag. There is a lot of information about Kirby's work and his calibers on this site. I have a friend that is building a 375 Allen (375 x 408 CT). Hope this helps.

First off I am wishing to just shoot long range at targets (maybe bears) but thats about it. Also I have tried to find some specs and prices on the allen Calibers but am having trouble doing that. I really like the idea of being able to shoot higher velocities out to about 2000 yards.

I am building a rem 700 sendaro 375 rum 30" brux barrel. there are some 300 grn boat tails that will handle most of my hunting needs. for the rest I will use one of the 350-370 grn bullets. velocity should be about the same as the 338 edge only with a 50 grn larger bullet.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.