London Humour

Brown Dog

If you're up to speed on what's been happening in London; this may amuse...
NottingHillGate.jpg

Allegedly photographed at Notting Hill Gate Tube Station /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Re: Law Enforcement Humour

How about this piece of advice:

During these trying times; Please follow the directives of the Police IMMEDIATELY .

Do people really have to be told this? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Today I got to listen to the local talking head complain about how this mans rights were violated... "how did they have the right to shoot him just because he was running away"
Of course he made the same comments about the various roadblock shootings in Iraq a while back.
Is it really that hard for people to understand that the only reason police or military personel acting as police carry guns, is to shoot you if you don't do as they say?

Being shot whilst "running". Herd he was already held down, but that may not be true.

Strange though why only 5 rounds, some snubby possibly but Glocks hold more.

Remember on the rock - why did you shoot him 13 times - cause the mag ran out (Browning GP35).

Problem is in the uk the police can and do shoot who they like, subjects are expendable citizens are not. So if some police or other f===er makes a mistake, whoever they are and decides to shoot me for something I have not done I would always like to be in the position to shoot the f===er back and preferably first. Guess thats why I now live in a civilised coutry with concealed carry.

It is always better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

David.

The guy tripped and was jumped upon and restrained by 2 plain clothed officers a third plain clothed officer then bent over and shot him 7 times in the head, in my book that is an excecution.
It turns out the guy was a Brazilian carpenter who had been living in London for 3 years.
The police's excuse was that he came out of a house that was under survailence and we suspected he was a suicide bomber.
In that case why was he not apprehended as soon as he came out of the house, instead he was allowed to travel on a bus then an undreground train and was on his way to boarding his second train when he was murdered.

Ian.

"I mean't to shoot the pike but the duck got in the way"

Guess I was wrong on the snubby, unless a S&W 686 plus or Taurus.

Seems like murder to me, but where is the trial? will there be one.... or have they already said "not in the public interest".

Sad but apart from Bisley (which is sort of its own little world) I have no desire to return to the uk and that has a lot to do with it becoming more of a police state.... latest "improvement" when I was over last was "saftey partnership vans" guess they need to fund the ammo they are expending.

David.

Hmm... thats not exactly the story as it aired on the local news... maybe time to email the local tv station...

Okay, you are in a foreign country.

Do you act weird? Wear a heavy full length coat in the summer time? Do you run away from police? That question is a little hard to answer because they were not in uniform. But, supposedly, he was in the house under surveillance, which goes a long way toward an understandable mistaken identity. He spoke good english, but he didn't obey. Was not his lucky day.

A major benefit; and what makes the whole deal tragic but worthwhile. At least the towel heads know that they are being taken seriously. At least the citizens know that the government is taking the situation seriously. Might have been a mistaken killing, but I think that throwing around a word like "murder" is irresponsible. In spite of all the developments, in this case, I think the end justifies the means.

Good hunting. LB

Latest news on the Guy was he had a work permit but it ran out about two years ago and so he should not have been here. Perhaps he thought it was a good enough reason to run had he been caught he would have been facing deportation!

Wow, ds and centre punch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif !

In my book, after 55 dead the week before

..........and then an attempt at the same carnage the DAY before;

running away from armed police on a tube platform whilst wearing a heavy coat virtually amounts to 'suicide by cop', and if not that, it's certainly mother nature showing us 'natural selection' at work.

...those policemen were looking after the public. Doing their best under horrific pressure with unimaginably high stakes....

...most rational people would choose to run away from a perceived suicide bomber, these men chose to run TOWARD.... they should be your heroes , not villains.

....now, I'm no hero, but I've known the frustrations of pre-ceasefire Northern Ireland; and I arrived back from Iraq on the day of the first London bomb. I posted the pic as a piece of lighthearted humour; in 'squaddie' humour terms the pic is amusing because it spells out the 'natural-selection' aspect to this poor chap's demise.

...to be so ready to criticise, from the comfort of an armchair, those who put themselves in harms way to protect YOU is..............disappointing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif.

Here's an apposite quote:

"It is not the critic who counts,
not the one who points out how the strong man stumbled or how the doer of deeds might have done better.

The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred with sweat and dust and blood; who strives valiantly;

who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement; and who, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly,

so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat."

-T. Roosevelt

If I didn't know better I'd say Teddy was talkin about me.... he sure was a visionary /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I don't have a whole lot to contribute to the solution of this broblem but it is plain to me that you Brits have several problems that are the direct result of this person getting shot and I'm not so certain that it wasn't planned that way (by terrorists or those sympathetic to terrorists).

The first is that it may cause one of your police to hesitate at the crucial moment if something like this occurs again. In the time closely preceeding the moment the man was on the ground and his hands were open and controled a shot to the head seemed just the thing to do. This falls under the principles of "the balance of competing harms." That is, if the man was an immeadiate and unavoidable threat of death or grave bodilly harm to a know innocent then lethal force is the only reasonable option. Once the person was down and being controlled then the shooting was wrong. If a police officer does not have the ability to bring another person, in a similar scenario, under control physically then I wonder, will he shoot. Would you?

The other problem is the division it is causing world wide. Those who wouldnt have shot and those that would. This is one more thing that weakens the resolve of both types of people in what should be a common drive and that is to control the terroristic threat to all of the world. The more divisions we have the easier it is to pick off one group at a time in the psychological aspect of the battle.

I believe it is VERY possible that this was someones intent. This man my have been sent out of the house that was being surveiled with the directions to look like a bomber and then run. He may have been told that he would only be arrested and what a stir it would cause. So he did as he was told not knowing that he would be shot. It certainly did cause a stir now didn't it?

Harrakhan,
Illegals dont get deported in the UK, the Government is too frightened of the human rights act, so even though the courts deport these people they are never put get on a plane and deported! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Ian.

"I mean't to shoot the pike but the duck got in the way"

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.