Loading manual data differing

The only thing you need to realise is that they are all a GUIDE…that's it, nothing more and nothing less.
I am still using the exact same loads I developed 30 years ago with certain powders. A few come to mind, 748, 760, H4350, H4895, RL22/25/19 and others like Benchmark in my 17Rem, 222Rem and 22-250/AI just to mention a few, sure, lots# change and some tweaking may be necessary, but nothing has changed regarding that.
If I want clarification with a particular bullet/powder combo, I ask them for the info.

Cheers.

Yes, loading manuals are different from manual to manual and powder charges weights change from the same manual provider most every year there are a few changes on a few charges....mostly down, but sometimes up in powder charge weights. Example ...A max charge blew a primer in 308 W & 748 from the Annual Manual, next year 1 grain less in the Annual Manual. 300 blackout charge went up with 125 gr. bullet, and LilGun. Powder Manufacturers lots and blends are a little different each time. No big deal, adjust, and keep shooting.

No no no the old guys that I knew and who helped me out with supplies when I got started handloading 14 years ago are mostly no longer with us I'm afraid. Miss those fellows.

You're still here! 🤣😁
I'd say I wish I had guys like that in my life. I kind of did, my ex-father in-law and my best friend's dad load their own ammo. I've called and asked questions of them before, but I've mostly figured it all out on my own. Places like this and the rest of the web have helped a ton. I did basically have a zero dollar investment to start reloading since I got the majority of the stuff that I needed for Christmas one year. So I don't mind paying for brass. I think I was 20 then, so I've been at it for 15 years now.

I'd say I wish I had guys like that in my life. I kind of did, my ex-father in-law and my best friend's dad load their own ammo. I've called and asked questions of them before, but I've mostly figured it all out on my own. Places like this and the rest of the web have helped a ton. I did basically have a zero dollar investment to start reloading since I got the majority of the stuff that I needed for Christmas one year. So I don't mind paying for brass. I think I was 20 then, so I've been at it for 15 years now.
I learned all alone 40 years ago and still use a lot of the same stuff today I started with. Now I really wish I had a bigger reloading place for all my stuff 😁

I learned how to do all this on my own. Started when I was 18. 14 years now I guess. But when I was 21 a guy from church found out I was into all this and proved to be a wealth of additional knowledge and gave me a bunch of projectiles (he gave me hundreds of .270 bullets that he had stashed away, when the guy had never even owned or loaded for .270…but at some point in the 60s or 70s the price was right and he grabbed them "just in case" - and primers mostly - the brass I sourced here and there, lots of people had it around and didn't even handload but were from that generation that never threw anything away. They either gave it to me or sold it for very cheap. Old Sunday school teachers and baseball coaches from when I was a boy haha.

I learned all alone 40 years ago and still use a lot of the same stuff today I started with. Now I really wish I had a bigger reloading place for all my stuff 😁

Same here but a little more than 40 years ago….about 55 years ago!

I was always a gun and hunting nut …..and around age 6 or 7 watched my uncle and a few of his cousins reloading 30-06 rounds for a Wyoming hunting trip. I was amazed, totally infatuated…and hooked! By the time I was 13 or 14, I was reading every hunting/shooting magazine that I could get my hands on.

My Dad shot very little, hunted very little and, to my knowledge had zero interest in hand loading…..but, he didn't do anything to dampen my dreams.

So at 14, with some saved money from lawn mowing, picking up pecans, doing a little haying, and working Saturday's working at a local mercantile/grocery store……I bought my first centerfire rifle (Winchester Model 88 in .308 Win.) through the store at a good discount.

I quickly realized that I couldn't afford to shoot my new rifle with store bought ammunition …..so by age 15 I bought a Lee Loader. At 16 I bought my first centerfire handgun (S&W Model 28) and a Lee Loader. Then I quickly learned that what took me most of Saturday to load could be shot in an hour or so….plus jacketed bullets were expensive! So at around 17 or 18, I started casting bullets for the 38/.357 and within a few years for the .308 Win.

Thus began my journey down the rabbit hole! memtb

I look at different manuals I have on hand, but more commonly now I use the online resources such as nosler, hodgdon, or others. Even in those there are variances in low end and high end of loads. This is a good reason to start low and work up.

I had a load in my 280 that is was pressure testing and got above max for the manual I started with and had no pressure signs. In a different manual I still had some room to go up based on manual #2 even though I was comfortable based on field testing.