load testing

bretterath

Im going to start load testing for my 7wsm 24" kreiger barrel and going to load some 168 burgers. I have H1000 and 4831 sc. how are u guys load testing? are u doing ladder tests or loading .3 to .5 grain increments and shooting a group of 3? what yardage are u testing them at. Any input on the powder charge for H1000 and 4831sc. Thanks for any info guys.

jtr1997

Im going to start load testing for my 7wsm 24" kreiger barrel and going to load some 168 burgers. I have H1000 and 4831 sc. how are u guys load testing? are u doing ladder tests or loading .3 to .5 grain increments and shooting a group of 3? what yardage are u testing them at. Any input on the powder charge for H1000 and 4831sc. Thanks for any info guys.
I have a 300wsm. i took 1 percent of the mid powder charge from my book which was .66. The i started from the bottom load and added .6 powder everytime until i got a little above max. if you have pressure problems dont continue. load one of each and color them with different color sharpies. only do 8 or 9 it can be hard to tell colors apart. shoot on white targets at 250 yards. you should see the holes go up the paper as charge gets bigger. you will have 2 or 3 holes in a horizontal line. mark on a piece of paper what colors are your charge. when you are done shooting you should see the colors. i write the charge on the case also. when you have the horizontal line take those charges and load 3 of each. Then you can start going up and down .2 grain increments at a time. worked well for me, should get your load figured out pretty quick. hope this helps good luck.

Trending threads