load development for .338-378 weatherby mag.

ctw

has anyone had the opportunity to use hodgdon us 869? Any powders that I would like to use are unavailable or hard to come by. I see us 869 available on a regular basis that it's starting to haunt me. Burn rate suggest that it may be ideal for the .338-378 weath. mag. but data is non existent.

US 869 was one of several powders I tried out when developing loads for a Nosler 28 with the Berger 195 EOL. I was able to achieve 3070 fps. These were development loads so one should reduce starting loads accordingly.

I'm not sure if this helps except to show it can useful for overbore cartridges.

I would recommend running QuickLoad or similar software to ballpark starting loads for your caliber.

I wish I could help.
I have a 30-378 and it likes Retumbo, N-568, H-1000. Just to name a few.
Hopefully someone will join in that can help. 👍🎅 what size bullets

has anyone had the opportunity to use hodgdon us 869? Any powders that I would like to use are unavailable or hard to come by. I see us 869 available on a regular basis that it's starting to haunt me. Burn rate suggest that it may be ideal for the .338-378 weath. mag. but data is non existent.
Problem with US 869 is that it is very temp sensitive. I would use H1000 or retumbo if you experience temp swings, which are in stock in many places.