Little female down just now 9:45 am.

Ohlongarm

Came in for remnants of a deer I butchered a month ago just bones and hooves very little meat.
100 yards right side of neck dead center with the 17 hornet, she never moved out of her tracks.
The rib cage is what she's after , I wire them down or they carry them off.

Attachments

• lf.jpeg
    lf.jpeg
    474.5 KB · Views: 303
Came in for remnants of a deer I butchered a month ago just bones and hooves very little meat.
100 yards right side of neck dead center with the 17 hornet, she never moved out of her tracks.
Get um , those pheasant eaten suckers !

Tony, I'm thinking you about to be running out of dog targets 😂 have a good day at work n be safe…..dale

Coyote have 4 paw drive . Once they figure out there is a gap in ownership some of them will fill it in from other areas .
100% correct my pressure has really not diminished the population that much, but has definitely helped propagation of more desirable species, hard to figure. But river bottoms are natural travel routes for many species.

Controlling coyote populations for sure helps the other wildlife populations , and it can readily be seen within a couple of years . If you control the coyote the other animals will make a comeback and you will see larger numbers of their young in the spring . If you don't do any control of the predators you will see fewer numbers of young and thus adults within a couple of years .

No experience with The Hornet (yet) but I DO like high-velocity, small-calibers!

No experience with The Hornet (yet) but I DO like high-velocity, small-calibers!
I've been totally amazed by this round, since i've had it, late spring of 21.100% deadly on huge gh's and 100% effective on upwards of 20 yotes so far.I'm a stickler on shot placement. Wouldn't hesitate to shoot at 300 yards if the situation ever arose.

Ohiolongarm , are you running the Hornaday chambering or the P.O. Ackley chambering ? I used a 22 hornet contender for awhile on P.D.'S and ground squirrels . just interested in it . Do you load your own or run store boughten rounds ?

Last edited:

Recent Posts