Lion Confrontation

That person was SOOO lucky. That cat could have been on him in milliseconds at being so close and even if he got a shot off and connected that cat would still be on him. I saw a video of a Leopard that had it's heart shot out with a 375HH and still ran full bore 30 yards to the shooters blind before it dropped.

Last edited:
It always annoys me when people point pistols at cats and expect it to be any kind of deterrent on its own. The lion doesn't know what a gun is, so it useless until you pull the trigger and turn it into a noisemaker or a pain dispenser. I get that people hold it at the ready, but you have to use the rest of your arsenal as well. I used to run into lions at night at work while patrolling and being loud and aggressive was the best medicine. I would literally grunt like a gorilla and pursue them instead, typically aided by a bright flashlight. This is clearly a problem animal, but its not learning any lessons by the guy meekly retreating, and panting like a wounded gazelle. Also people need to not Timothy Treadwell themselves and record their own demise, its not worth it for a few likes on social media.

Well warning shots or not this person was WAY OFF on everything, The Cat got way to close to Stalk them. Seemed only like getting footage of the event. The big Cat did advance while close and a warning shot only tempted the cat.
That Cat had the total advantage of this situation,
This should never happened!
Everything was incorrect and provided the Cat a clean Kill. It is his/Her world.
Lucky someone didn't DIE!
Now this is an educated tune up for the Cat's next attack.