Lighten up, dude!

Yeah the only 223 bolt face Adirondack guns are the 300 black out, and yes they are at a premium as they haven't done a run since we enjoyed all this lovely inflation. Hopefully they start going down as they used to sell almost immediately for any price and now they are starting to languish. Those little kimber actions have the advantage of being innately light weight due to size. 1950 plus 600 for a 223 barrel from pacnor (one of the outfits that messes with kimber rifles) will still be less than skeleti + u.c.+ an ultralight barrel aren't free but would probably be a little higher quality no doubt.

Chasing oz gets spendy quick, and the last decade has seen the decline in bolt action 223 options with the rise in ar 15s. A kimber ascent or Adirondack in 223 would have been a great factory option but kimber dropped 223 a decade ago....

Yeah the only 223 bolt face Adirondack guns are the 300 black out, and yes they are at a premium as they haven't done a run since we enjoyed all this lovely inflation. Hopefully they start going down as they used to sell almost immediately for any price and now they are starting to languish. Those little kimber actions have the advantage of being innately light weight due to size. 1950 plus 600 for a 223 barrel from pacnor (one of the outfits that messes with kimber rifles) will still be less than skeleti + u.c.+ an ultralight barrel aren't free but would probably be a little higher quality no doubt.

Chasing oz gets spendy quick, and the last decade has seen the decline in bolt action 223 options with the rise in ar 15s. A kimber ascent or Adirondack in 223 would have been a great factory option but kimber dropped 223 a decade ago....
I'm trying to go the adirondack route for now while gather the parts for the way I really want to put it together.
My other hobby is racing bicycles so I totally understand the $$$ involved in cutting a few ounces here and a few ounces there.