Calling is heating up.

Ohlongarm

Called this nice female in this morning 110 yards ,22 Hornet DRT,lung shot,the diminutive hornet leaves a big entrance and no exit.The female is expecting a litter in about three weeks,not now though. 01.jpg02.jpg04.jpg05.jpg

Attachments

• 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    559.3 KB · Views: 130
What call did you use? How far was the shot?
I used the Icotec Nightstalker ,muskrat baby,since i'm on a river this is one that gets their attention. Shot was 110 yard s,lasered,no guessing here.I have three stations two @75 yds,0ne @ 110,not much room for anything farther due to trees. Other areas I call, I can stretch my legs to a quarter mile ,at times,then I grab the 204,a capable coyote getter. Anything out to 200 yards,22 Hornet,only had one run off in over 100 taken,and I found him months later he made it about 300 yards in cover.Shot was too far back,took second last rib out,skull in foreground for size comparison.

Attachments

• dead.jpg
    dead.jpg
    446.1 KB · Views: 116
Been getting lots of trail cam pics the last week to 10 days of them moving . Should be having pups here very soon this week maybe. I'm sure a female or two has already whelped out. Only a 63 day gestation period like the common dog. From now till September is the best time to get them called up and killed. Planning on hitting the lease this weekend

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.