light weight + quiet tripods- is there such a thing ?

Catbrain

Does anyone make a lower weight tripod that is light and quiet enough to carry around. ? Note-- my 308 is about 14 pounds---- and im in the mountains---- and im a bit out of shape--- :)
and there never seems to be a tree limb at the right spot when you need one----

Prob I would be sitting on the ground -- so about 2-3 feet range might work well----

Tim

Checkout the rugged ridge outdoor. I bought a lot of different bipods for my lr hunting setups over the years and have settled in this. Really happy with it.

Edit:

Sorry, thought you wrote bipod.

Last edited:
Not sure what your budget is but RRS has some expensive, but strong tripods. Downside is slower deployment, but you can fasten your rifle securely. This would be for less mobile hunting, or shot scenarios that offer more set-up time.
A light, inexpensive option for mobile hunting and quick deployment would be the Primos trigger stick. They have bipods and tripods of various lengths. The bipods can double as a hiking stick to some extent.
Another for the latter scenario would be Bogs. Lightweight, easy to carry, compact for attaching to backpack.

I've been having really good luck with Leofoto tripods & heads the last couple years. Both for shooting & glassing.

I get mine from "Rent Outdoor Gear", you'll want to call them as they carry in house more than what their website lists usually.

How light weight? What kind of head do you want? I have a Sirui that might fit the bill but it's not really light, it's also not really quiet.

I have a BOG Deathgrip carbon fiber. Sets up 67 inches down to 7 inches. Next best thing to bench shooting. A little pricey.

Does anyone make a lower weight tripod that is light and quiet enough to carry around. ? Note-- my 308 is about 14 pounds---- and im in the mountains---- and im a bit out of shape--- :)
and there never seems to be a tree limb at the right spot when you need one----

Prob I would be sitting on the ground -- so about 2-3 feet range might work well----

Tim
Piles of options but limited on good options. With a tripod you want a wide and sturdy base. Most light tripods have a small base and it introduces a lot of flex when used with heavier rifles. This is why I run a fiesol 3342, arca clamp from RRS, and a 50mm ball head. It's the lightest unit I could find that provided acceptable sturdiness

Catbrain, have you tried looking back at some of the articles here on this site listed under the coyote hunting from 10 yards to over 1000 yards ? there is a ton of good information here, such as coyote hunting tips and yote hunting equipment, from past discussions. Equipment such as bipods, tripods, calls and their use, chairs for calling, lights and night hunting equipment are another subject that has been talked about a lot. From your posts I think that you could find a lot of interesting and informative information by looking back at some of the other post from the past.

Thanks all- you've give me a lot to chew on tripods !
I have a hill that's terraced-- (maybe from long ago) that is about 50 deet above the flat field where the coyotes live.
I think with a tripod and a good sitting spot--- that might be pretty good. Its 100-200 yds away horizontally - so fairly close. I will start digging backwards in the older posts too- tha'ts a great idea for self education ! Like that idea with the hay bales-and mice.
T