Light stock heavy barrell?

Xs24-7

I have a 25" Mdm Palma barrell on my 6 Creedmoor that I use for deer/coyotes, which sits in an MDT XRS, and weighs in at ~15#.
im considering dropping it into an MDT HNT26 to loose 3#.
Does anyone have experience shooting a heavy barrelled action in a light stock? Any big side effects? I expect it will be muzzle heavy, but will it be terrible to shoot?

Attachments

• 9E0690A3-083A-4B8E-B989-DEF992C7F689.jpeg
    9E0690A3-083A-4B8E-B989-DEF992C7F689.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 142
Last edited:
I have a 25" Mdm Palma barrell on my 6 Creedmoor that I use for deer/coyotes, which sits in an MDT XRS, and weighs in at ~15#.
im considering dropping it into an MDT HNT26 to loose 3#.
Does anyone have experience shooting a rifle barrelled action in a light stock? Any big side effects? I expect it will be muzzle heavy, but will it be terrible to shoot?
No, but they carry funny. Have a couple.

Not to hijack the thread, but I am interested to know why Americans do not use the correct abbreviations for common weights used?
Pounds= Lbs.
Ounces= Oz.
Kilograms= Kgs.
Grams= Grm.
Is this not used there or taught?

Cheers.

Not to hijack the thread, but I am interested to know why Americans do not use the correct abbreviations for common weights used?
Pounds= Lbs.
Ounces= Oz.
Kilograms= Kgs.
Grams= Grm.
Is this not used there or taught?

Cheers.
I'm not even an American….We use both #, LB, Kg, etc

I have a rifle that's light stocked & heavier on the barrel end. I would rather it be balanced but I wanted to get some weight off. It's definitely easier to make shots with the muzzle being heavier t& light at the rear of the rifle than it is with a rifle having a light muzzle & heavy rear.

I prefer to use lbs abbreviation but I do understand # when I see it. It used to be more common to use # but now hipsters call it hash tag. I had to ask someone what hash tag meant and they showed me : #. I said oh, the pound symbol.

I have never seen # used as a symbol for pounds other than here.
Had me confused when I first saw it, that's all.
My 7lb 300RUM is getting a facelift, so will be putting a HS Precision Sporter PSS-010.
When I re-barrel down the track, if we ever get out of these lockdowns, I will put a HS Precision PST-026 on it, if I do that now it will look funny with the sporter barrel.

Cheers.

I have never seen # used as a symbol for pounds other than here.
Had me confused when I first saw it, that's all.
My 7lb 300RUM is getting a facelift, so will be putting a HS Precision Sporter PSS-010.
When I re-barrel down the track, if we ever get out of these lockdowns, I will put a HS Precision PST-026 on it, if I do that now it will look funny with the sporter barrel.

Cheers.
# is literally called the pound sign. Long before it was high jacked as "hashtag" it's been called the pound sign(at least in Canada)