light bullet in heavy twist-heavy bullet in light twist?

Hey fellas!

It's getting to be a sad thing, with me so busy at work these days <so I can pay for {drum roll, please..} you guessed it, more shooting supplies, that I don't get over here on a daily basis!
grin.gif
I almost feel as if I'm guilty of...treason?
shocked.gif

I had somewhat figured I MIGHT be all right with what I had in mind to do. What brought it up is that the case itself is a very small case <capacity is about 2 grains under a PPC, at least--I'm not sure yet, I don't have a fireformed friend to actually test; all my data is theoretical at this point>, and with that small case, I'd like to do some work with N120. I also wanted to try bullets with ogives the same as Berger's 95gr VLD, which puts me with their 88 and 69 grain beauties. The 69ner...I'm eyeballing that one real close, and you all have encouraged me to look d-a-m-n-e-d close.
wink.gif

S1, what will the target be? Hopefully something edible <screw gators, I'm hoping to get back to Minnesota soon!--and armored dillos...<not sure what a *regular* dillo is..>, they don't seem to be much of a "fancy feast", either. Punks, drug dealers, I could bag my limit each and every day while out and about at work, but for what those match bullets cost, hell with that, poison's a better choice..
tongue.gif
I'll probably be shooting game birds, head shots. Some rabbits. May main concerns were; possible increase in fouling, poor accuracy, etc. Especially accuracy. BUt I feel much better, now! I'll have to let y'all know how she goes; kind of a cross between a bench rig, and a highpower setup, really. Have to report on the scope, too. Nightforce NXS, BUT!--it's not the R2, the R1, it's the RDD--floating dot. I think it'll work lovely...
grin.gif
If it don't, I'll go back to closing my eyes--always did do better that way......

You guys talking those short .30s, someone's going to half to do some messing around and report on 'em; I got a .308 barrel with a 1-10" twist myself, and I'm considering chambering it for one of the short mags. I think Winchester's version has Norma brass--I wish Lapua would jump on in there, and really, I like the capcaities of Remington's SAUM in .308. That with about a 135gr FB Berger...or maybe...hell, I think they have a 150gr VLD? Now that might work...
wink.gif

Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.