Liberty Optics Out Of Business ?

Wedgy

Doesn't look good;

I think they have been gone for a while. Posts are from 2021.
They were around earlier this year. I bought from him in March with no issues. This all popped up today.

Looks like they're gone now though. He shut off his in business phone, took down his website, deleted his posts on SH, and filed to dissolve his LLC without a word to the folks who have open orders. Not a good day for anyone who has given him money in the last few months.

From what I've read on other forums he was placing orders with Vortex but hadn't paid for them, then stoppes placing orders all together. One of Vortex sales managers who's handling the situation on their end is reccomending people do a chargeback.

Last edited:
From Shamus, the Vortex sales rep handling it on their end, in the SH post:

"Evening Folks,
Appreciate everyone who has reached out. Please continue to do so and ill reply asap.
Our customers are truly #1 priority and i will reply to each and every email.
My email is [email protected] and cell# 608-335-4486
Email will be the quickest way to get things moving and ill be on all evening to look after these.

Also, just so folks are informed. We received drop-ships for Liberty Optics up until this week. But they were not released until Vortex was paid.
In all of these cases i have been dealing with, i have the order information but they are just being held as we have not received payment.
I am hoping all of you can file a chargeback and get your money back.
It's very important that each of you are looked after and will help with any order needs to get things moving in a timely manner.

Thanks again for the opportunity
Shamus Terry"

I think they have been gone for a while. Posts are from 2021.

No the first few are and the rest are from today.

Above is the info for people to contact with Vortex issues but if you bought a different brand you might want to contact that company.

Appreciate this being posted over here, had ordered Fury ABs. Now I need to know if I can get the money back or if I'm out a grand.

They were around earlier this year. I bought from him in March with no issues. This all popped up today.

Looks like they're gone now though. He shut off his in business phone, took down his website, deleted his posts on SH, and filed to dissolve his LLC without a word to the folks who have open orders. Not a good day for anyone who has given him money in the last few months.

From what I've read on other forums he was placing orders with Vortex but hadn't paid for them, then stoppes placing orders all together. One of Vortex sales managers who's handling the situation on their end is reccomending people do a chargeback.

The posts on SH by Liberty Optics have not been permanently deleted. The main sale post was brought back and locked in case it's needed in the future. Members can not permanently delete posts.

Bummer. I've bought a lot of scopes from him over the years. Never any vortex, but all my burris and was getting ready to order a steiner h6 through him.

Kudos to vortex for stepping up, it appears they are going way above and beyond.

This one stings a might. If this was a con(and it looks like it), it sure was a long one. News is bouncing around my phone, lot of my peer group used this guy. And not just once or twice, like thousands of dollars in premium scopes going back a decade. A friend bought several xtr3s couple months ago in person on a road trip, said he got roughly 0 creep vibes. Think I'd emailed about a steiner just last week. There were signs that lead times were getting long and a bit out of promise, but he'd been good for it for many for a very long time.

Hard to predict human behavior, definite bummer for all involved.

Its an odd one for sure... I've done probably $20k worth of orders with him over the years and he's always come through. That's why I didn't give it a second thought about the long lead time. I guess he used that to his advantage this time.

Kudos to vortex for stepping up, it appears they are going way above and beyond.

This one stings a might. If this was a con(and it looks like it), it sure was a long one. News is bouncing around my phone, lot of my peer group used this guy. And not just once or twice, like thousands of dollars in premium scopes going back a decade. A friend bought several xtr3s couple months ago in person on a road trip, said he got roughly 0 creep vibes. Think I'd emailed about a steiner just last week. There were signs that lead times were getting long and a bit out of promise, but he'd been good for it for many for a very long time.

Hard to predict human behavior, definite bummer for all involved.
I spent a good amount of money with him too. I don't think it was a con from the start. It's more likely he recently spent the money on something else thinking he'd be able to catch up and when the time came to pay up he'd backed himself into a corner. The longer lead times for Vortex would have let him hide it for a while. I wouldn't be surprised if he was using payments from Vortex orders to pay for other brands that were shipping faster, then when people started asking about their Vortex orders he just went AWOL. It's getting harder and harder to think there could be a legitimate reason for all this as more details trickle in.

Recent Posts