• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

LH Action

BoomFlop

I am looking for a left handed action for my son. It is really hard to find a decent left handed rifle that suits his needs. I am thinking about trying to put to get a budget build.

Tikka Mag Bolt
Remington SA Mag Bolt

Something along those lines, want to try to keep the cost down as much as possible.

Would be interested in a left handed rifle or barreled action, however, really would just like to find an action.

Thanks all
Steve

Hey Steve , I too am left handed as well as my son ! Spent a lot of time in the recent past hunting for left handed actions to build on , struck out quite a bit everything from online dealers and warehouses seemed to be out of stock with no back orders! Your definitely looking in the right place , also I will dig in my safe when I get back home Sunday I'm traveling for work right now . If I'm not mistaken I have two left handed 700 actions that I will honestly never be able to use as I'm stuck on finding left handed model 70s right now ha ha , like finding a needle in a haystack ! Might I ask what length action and bolt face you prefer ? I'll try to help you brother ! Thanks !

I don't know what your budget is but the bighorn origins might be worth a shot. Also check with North Idaho Hunter on hear. He has a business selling lots of stuff and I know he has actions sometimes. I'm a left and feel your pain on finding good deals on rifles and actions. I bought my bighorn from Northland Shooters Supply. He's great to deal with also and has great barrel for a good price.

My last left hand action was a Bighorn Origin and it was ordered directly from Zermatt Arms - it did take a while to arrive. Easy to get a barrel spun up for a pre-fit and the rifle is a laser beam. The bolt face size is swappable in the event you want to run a switch barrel set up.

For what it is worth, left hand Tikka T3 or T3 lites are very hard to beat for the money. I have a stainless T3 in .308 that is a one hole wonder with bullets in the 150-168gn range.

Pic of Bighorn in 7SS attached..

Attachments

• 7SS.jpg
    7SS.jpg
    541.5 KB · Views: 17
I have checked with North Idaho. I'd really like to find a left hand Tikka as it would be perfect really, but nobody has one. This is probably the most cost effective way to a quality build.

Have thought about the Big Horn or just go with a Kelbly like I am, however, I don't think he could afford a full on build right now. I'm looking to try to help him, however, I have my first build in the works right now.

Thanks everyone!
Steve

I've screwed together two LH rifles this year using Savage actions. Both use 24" Shilen Select Match SS barrels, a 1-12" 22-250 and a 1-9" 260 Remington, both shoot great.

IMG_5308.jpg

I have a LH Rem.700 in .243 win.like new 40 rnds,if your looking,to piece one together...
Its in a HS stock.with jewel trigger.
Please PM me about subject.

I'm thinking of ordering a KS arms. I called the other day and they told me 8 week wait time which isn't bad

I have a left handed 270 weatherby mag barreled action…. It's a south gate version. Was going to do a custom build but just stumbled upon 3 left handed complete rifles from a family friend that was too good to pass up.