Leupold VX3 2.5-8, Maven RS.2 2-10 or ??

cowboyarcher

Hi All,

I have been looking at the VX3HD 2.5-8 and the Maven RS.2 2-10 for a lighter weight, do it all 270 Win that I have built. I like the weight of these at around 12oz, but am unsure which to go with or if there are other options to consider. I have a SWFA Ultralight on it now and simply want to move that to an AR build. Max range of about 400 yards, so don't need a ton of magnification.

Any thoughts or other leads?

Thanks!

There is a swaro Z3 3-10x42 in the classifieds right now for $625. Its a 12oz scope and a great deal for that price. I have one on a 270 and one on a 308. The glass will blow both of those away for not much more money.

Look at the Meoptas their on sale three times better glass twice the weight,at least twice as good or more then what's mentioned,people obsess on light weight , but the better built scopes are heaver for a reason ,cry once buy once ,ever here the saying only rich men can afford cheap scopes . All done buying leupolds.

I've never noticed it to be short. Also don't have an rs2 on a heavy recoiling rifle either. Only up close picture I can find with it mounted.
E511075A-1FDE-45C2-84A1-1D8B0E784011.jpeg

I have an older VariXIII 2.5-8 with mildot reticle. I've shot out to 800 yards with it on steel. When comparing it to a SWFA 10X out to a mile the glass was brighter and more clear on the Leupold. YMMV. I haven't looked through the scopes you mentioned but I think you'd be very happy with them.

How's the glass? Would you rate it on par with VX3 glass?
It's honestly hard for me to say. I've had the maven over a year now, yet I haven't compared them side by side while hunting. It's most definitely brighter than the my older leupold m8 6x42 though. I packed it along on my first hunt with the maven as a spare and did some side by side comparison.