Leupold VX-6HD or Leupold Var2

Out Back

Been looking at getting a new Scope and like the 6x-18x A Vx-2 cost about $500 for a 6x -18x where the VX-6 6x -18x close to $900

So what would I be paying more for ? Is it the glass being more Clear Optics

I see that I can get both with the CDS.................Would guess that the elevation and L-r adjustments would be more accurate and more precision but when talking to Leupold they told me NO...................same repeatability..... So is it just a matter of being able to see things in low light conditions that makes for the price difference.??

With the VX6 you are getting better glass which for me means it is clearer, brighter colors, more contrast, better light gathering which makes it better in low light, I find them to be easier to look thru, a little better eye relief, also with the VX6 you are getting a 30mm tube which gets you more adjustment inside the scope for dialing longer shots.

The vx6 should a 3x18 not a 6x18 like the vx2 .but yeah better glass and bigger tube
Been looking at getting a new Scope and like the 6x-18x A Vx-2 cost about $500 for a 6x -18x where the VX-6 6x -18x close to $900

So what would I be paying more for ? Is it the glass being more Clear Optics

I see that I can get both with the CDS.................Would guess that the elevation and L-r adjustments would be more accurate and more precision but when talking to Leupold they told me NO...................same repeatability..... So is it just a matter of being able to see things in low light conditions that makes for the price difference.??

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.