Leupold VX-6 Tac dials

This is really odd. I know the 7-42 has 1/8 elevation dial but I have never heard of the 3-18 having them. Mine is 3-18x44 fine duplex and it is 1/4.

I don't think Leupold makes that scope with 1/8 MOA elevation adjustments. It's possible that the wrong dial got put on your scope(s). It's also possible they installed the 1/8 moa elevation turret on a few of them. Either way though it shouldn't affect the total elevation travel you have. These scopes have 75 moa of travel regardless of which turrets are on them. Check and see how many moa of adjustment you have on the scope (according to the dial) and you'll know if it has the correct dial on it or not. Mine is 1/4 per click and has 20 moa per revolution. The zero stop feature will prevent you from dialing all the way down so you may have to remove the dial to check total travel.

Crazier things happen, I guess, but I would call Leupold Custom Shop and tell them what you have and see if it's the wrong dial or what. I would think the stem would be different on 1/8 click than 1/4 click model, but then I'm not a optics engineer. Good luck figuring out the problem.

Talked to leuopld turns out it was a mistake and the target turret they are shipping to me is 1/4 moa, problem should be solved, now I am just waiting for my barreled action from acurate ordinance to get finished.....

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.