Leupold vx-5 HD 3-15x44 HTMR

Cattleman

Anyone have any experience with this scope? I'm going back to all SFP scopes and just ordered two VX-5HD's one 3-15x56 with the 4 fire dot duplex for my 22-250 varmint rifle and a 3-15x44 HTMR reticle for my long range/hunting rifle 6.5x47. This looks like a pretty good reticle and I like that it is a mil/mil scope.

I've got the 3x-15x-44 wind plex reticle and like it so far. Glass is good. However, at dusk, I can see detail better thru my Vortex PST Gen2 5x-25x-50 FFP scope. In the store, the VX5HD seemed better glass than the Vortex PST Gen2 3x-15x-44 FFP which is why I bought the VX5HD 171715.

So far I've only shot 36 rds with this scope. Parallax settings for my eyes are a long, long ways from the marked yardage settings. Otherwise I'm pleased to this point.

I also have a 3x-15x-56 firedot scope
coming. Should have it Monday in my hands.

I picked one up last year and absolutely love it. I like the vertical hash marks that the Windplex doesn't have, just in case. The marks don't get in the way and there is a mark at the half-power point on the power ring, so you can easily use the marks without having to zoom all the way in - it just doubles the value. I agree with the previous poster that the parallax doesn't line up with the marked yardage, but it is very clear and sharp. I got Leupold to make the CDS turret and have no problem out to 400, which is as far as the range near me goes.

I just finished my second deer season with one on my lightweight 308 and really like it. Reasonable weight for a hunting rifle scope, clear and pretty good light transmission. Very good deal for the money.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.