leupold scopes

johnb338

I have a couple of vxl-3.4.5x14,56. ,if anybody else here likes them.has the boone & crockett retical. just curious. john

few monts ago bougth a vx3 4.5_14x40mm B&C 1" tube, i wanted a decent low light scope using the lower mag. for low light and the higher for day light shooting, well long story short, didn´t like it.

next, changed the scope for an other leupold, this time a vxr 4-12x40mm #4 ret. 30mm tube, this scope have better optics than the previous one.

i don´t know if the 30mm tube have something to do or just the vxr have better glass than vx3

few monts ago bougth a vx3 4.5_14x40mm B&C 1" tube, i wanted a decent low light scope using the lower mag. for low light and the higher for day light shooting, well long story short, didn´t like it.

next, changed the scope for an other leupold, this time a vxr 4-12x40mm #4 ret. 30mm tube, this scope have better optics than the previous one.

i don´t know if the 30mm tube have something to do or just the vxr have better glass than vx3

I have that exact scope on my SAKO M995 in .300 Win Mag and harvested a bull elk at 931 yards last season, in short I like it. VXL-3 4.5-14x56 will gather more light due to a much larger bell and the 30MM provides more E&W range.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.